Guns impact FPS drop

Prophet_169th

FF, I would check if that extra stick of 512 isnt casuign you problems. Because it isnt paired, you may not be running in dual channel like you think. Download CPUZ to check this out:

http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/System-Info/CPU-Z.shtml

Also, dont turn off your virtual memory, put a maximum of 2 MB or something low on your primary partition, then a fixed amount on another partition (or better still another HDD).

FF, I would check if that extra stick of 512 isnt casuign you problems. Because it isnt paired, you may not be running in dual channel like you think. Download CPUZ to check this out:

http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/System-Info/CPU-Z.shtml

Also, dont turn off your virtual memory, put a maximum of 2 MB or something low on your primary partition, then a fixed amount on another partition (or better still another HDD).

Yes, memory was set to single channel, I'll remove that extra 512 stick. Is there a way to have dual channel, and that 512?

Creedence Clearwater Revival:worthy:

Only if you get an exact copy of the 512 stick. And then becuase you have two different sized modules (i.e. 2x1GB and 2x 512Mb) it may not revert to dual channel.

Try asking at "toms hardware", the are lots of geeks, I mean computer aware people there. You could either cash in the ram on Ebay, or risk getting another stick. 2GB is a lot at the moment (I have same), the extra 512 may have limited increase.

• Like 1

Only if you get an exact copy of the 512 stick. And then becuase you have two different sized modules (i.e. 2x1GB and 2x 512Mb) it may not revert to dual channel.

Try asking at "toms hardware", the are lots of geeks, I mean computer aware people there. You could either cash in the ram on Ebay, or risk getting another stick. 2GB is a lot at the moment (I have same), the extra 512 may have limited increase.

I did some BIOS tweaking, and checked with cpuz, it all wroks fine (I guess, needs more testing though) now.

You're great for pointing me in the right direction, rep inbound!

I don´t remember exactly but, wasn´t thisan issue with pixel shaders or something like that? Also, There was some mod or manual instructions to delete 2 o3 3 files with the pixel shaders of the smoke that forms when bullets impact ground or water, removeing that files fixed that problem I think. Again, I don´t remember things exactly, my FC installation is so tweaked right know that Im afraid to remove it jajajajaja

I don´t remember exactly but, wasn´t thisan issue with pixel shaders or something like that? Also, There was some mod or manual instructions to delete 2 o3 3 files with the pixel shaders of the smoke that forms when bullets impact ground or water, removeing that files fixed that problem I think. Again, I don´t remember things exactly, my FC installation is so tweaked right know that Im afraid to remove it jajajajaja

What shader files? The Rendereffects folder?

What shader files? The Rendereffects folder?

As I said, I really don´t remember. I have quited flying FC since 2 months I guess, tired of bugs. Since last week Im tring to start again, so I really don´t remember many things of the tweeks I made ti it (since my computer is not much powerfull, I had to make as much tweaks as I could to get a decent perfomance so I can fly it)

I think you are right, it could be some files of the rendereffects folders. I remember a words "pixel shaders" related to this issue jajaja that is why I mentioned it.