Does anyone play DCS A-10 on a laptop? Any suggestions?

Hey guys. I am moving and need a more mobile setup, which means a laptop. Was wondering if any of you guys placed DCS a-10 on a laptop.

My budget is $1100 or less, hopefully a 17''+ monitor (preferably at least 19). Any suggestions/input?

The idea is to get a good gaming laptop but not go overboard.

Was wondering if any of you guys placed DCS a-10 on a laptop.

I have tested DCS:A-10C on HP/dv7 (~900€, i7-2630, 8GB RAM, HD6770M) and compared it with my PC (i5-2500k, 8GB RAM, HD6950). Well, tried to compare, but honestly it is uncomparable. With the same settings laptop gave me ~30-50% fps compared with my desktop (without overclocking, moreover laptop was running at 1600x900, desktop 1920x1080).

Although components look similar, in reality it is completely different class. Those "mobile" cpu/gpu are waaay slower than desktop equivalents. I doubt there is anything like "gaming laptop" at all, maybe some "Alienwares" are close. But still, for the same price you can get desktop-rig twice that powerfull...

I do not say you could not play DCS:A10C on laptop, but you'd definitely have to meet some compromises, and be very conservative with settings. You can get "playable" fps if you turn settings to min/low/off, but it is up to you whether you are satisfied with it. Call me mardy, but I was not!

I just put both BS2 and a10 on the new laptop, runs at 60+ fps with all setting on high and 1920 x 1080. The only downside is I spent $3500 bucks on the laptop (m17x r3 alienware) so if you'd like to run the sim(s) on a laptop your gonna have to put down some cash and as far as mobile gaming...your gonna get about 30 mins before your going to need power :0/

Plus the hardware is not designed to be ultra performance anyway I dont care what they say. The chips used can only do so much in the laptop realm. I use a dedicated laptop for work that lives in my car. $1000 a few years ago business model. I think the whole performance laptop market is misleading, the low volume of performance parts makes costs even higher. While stuck on a motherboard that is limited by design and the reality of being a hot laptop. The return just isnt worth it.

Asus P8Z68-V GEN3/ 2500k 4.4ghz / Corsair 64gb SSD Cache / Corsair 8g 1600 ddr3 / 2 x 320gb RE3 Raid 0 /Corsair 950w/ Zotac 560TI AMP 1gb / Zalman GS1200 case /G940/