A2A refueling

pcalvert

Hi,

Does anyone have (or know of) a mission just for practicing A2A refueling? Someone did something similar for landing - i.e. set a mission when you were 10 miles from the runway in the air - all lined up.

Asus Rampage II Extreme, i7 920 @3.8Gh, 6Gb Corsair Dominator 1600hz, Msi GTX 470 Twin Frozr, Corsair 850w Mod PSU, TIR 5, HOTAS WH

Firstly, Happy New Year to everyone!

Secondly - since the ~second official patch for DCS, I have been unable to get the FAC/AWACS/TANKER to reply, not matter what impossible radio combinations I have tried etc etc. - THEY DO NOT RESPOND! As for the refueling - I am able to get the TACAN beacon to work, but the tanker does not reply to any of my attempts to have radio contact with it - including THIS very mission which was created. Does anyone know what is wrong? It used to work back in version... 1.1.0.6 - then it stopped working at some point, maybe after a patch - what should I do?

Firstly, Happy New Year to everyone!

Secondly - since the ~second official patch for DCS, I have been unable to get the FAC/AWACS/TANKER to reply, not matter what impossible radio combinations I have tried etc etc. - THEY DO NOT RESPOND! As for the refueling - I am able to get the TACAN beacon to work, but the tanker does not reply to any of my attempts to have radio contact with it - including THIS very mission which was created. Does anyone know what is wrong? It used to work back in version... 1.1.0.6 - then it stopped working at some point, maybe after a patch - what should I do?

Frequency is 124 VHF AM. Make sure you're using the correct mic switch. At the beginning you should hear the tanker say he is on station.

Always remember. I don't have a clue what I'm doing

When I first loaded up the mission, I didn't change anything in the cockpit, and he said that he was on station. However, when I attempted to contact him, there was no reply. Which mic switch should I be using?

I managed to get round this problem by changing the radio comms from realistic to simplified, however I would rather fly the thing as it would be done in real life. What am I doing wrong?

Oh and btw, this issue has persisted after I did a clean reinstall of DCS - at least my simulator performance has increased :)

Hi!

Mic forward usually (edit: if you tuned your first VHF radio, that is) .

Did you cross-check the frequency? I had some surprises with this; however I think it is correct because you hear him. Freq should be in the briefing. If you cannot say clear pre-contact, you could be positioned wrong and the tanker blocks the process then.

Super-