Help with Install

O have both lock on Flaming CLiffs and Flaming Cliffs 2.

Do i need to install the original lock on with flaming cliffs for flaming cliffs 2 to be able to run?

I feel like it's just dead weight on the computer.

Thanks guys! Looking to get back into playing lock on again!

** I have both installed and they both run. What I am really wondering, is if it is possible to remove Lock On, will flaming cliffs 2 still work as per normal?

Edited by izt_is

** I have both installed and they both run. What I am really wondering, is if it is possible to remove Lock On, will flaming cliffs 2 still work as per normal?

The original LockOn must be installed when Flaming Cliff 2 is installed. After that it can be removed. However, a reinstallation of FC2 would require the installation of LockOn again.

It is 'dead space' but with respect to the size and cost of disk space it is really a minimal issue to leave it installed, IMHO.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

No it won't.

I have not messed with it in a while but I am fairly certain that LockOn is only checked for during the installation process.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

cichlidfan is correct.

After FC2 install is complete, Lock On can be uninstalled with no ill effect on FC2. After the install check, FC2 is stand-alone.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Thanks guys!! Looking forward to getting back in the game!

Also just as a side not, have not been following ED news for awhile not and is it true that the next plane they are releasing is the P51 Mustang?

If it is....I have to say I'm quite disappointed ):