Respawn Script

BRooDJeRo

Im looking for the 'respawn' script within the gamefiles, however i seem to have trouble finding it.

Does anyone know in which file it can be found or, incase the current script might not perform as intended in multiplayer, a better version.

Im trying out some stuff in the mission editor, its for attempting to let something respawn after its been brutaly anihilated. :D

Respawning same unit with same name and unique I'd is not possible at the moment but is something that is being looked at.

You will have to create multiple units (select unit, Ctrl C, click on map, ctrl V) and activate them in turn by trigger.

i7-7700K : 16Gb DDR4 2800 Mhz : Asus Mobo : 2TB HDD : Intel 520 SSD 240gb : RTX 2080ti: Win10 64pro : Dx10 : TrackiR4 : TM Warthog : ASUS ROG SWIFT PG348Q

I thought as much. The respawn option as well as others seem high on the 'wishlist' to avoid creating tons of layers as well as other options. Looks like i need to take a few days off for adding enough full map layers. LOL

Something like the ability to create waypoints and routes not only connected to a certain item or creating multiple optional routes for one under circumstances, would be very welcome too to create the 'Mr. Dynamic'.

But as i said a few lines up, most of it seems high on the known wishlists.

Edited by BRooDJeRo

Something like the ability to create waypoints and routes not only connected to a certain item or creating multiple optional routes for one under circumstances, would be very welcome too to create the 'Mr. Dynamic'.

There is a lot of interesting things being worked on in the scripting engine but you shall just have to wait and see I'm afraid.

As for optional routing, that is already possible in the ME GUI using AI TASK switch waypoint. For instance in Op Lagavulin I had a tanker which through the F10 radio menu could be moved to 1 of 4 orbit positions on the map. Of course instead of the f10 menu it could be any number of dynamic conditions (e.g. Threat proximity, player aircraft fuel state, distance from player aircraft (moving trigger)).

The flexibility is there, you just have to look for it and be a little imaginative (and familiar I guess). However, scripting will make it all a little easier for those who can Lua script.

i7-7700K : 16Gb DDR4 2800 Mhz : Asus Mobo : 2TB HDD : Intel 520 SSD 240gb : RTX 2080ti: Win10 64pro : Dx10 : TrackiR4 : TM Warthog : ASUS ROG SWIFT PG348Q