Sound of the Merlin

mcdaniels

Hi There!

Great Sim, I love it... coming from "not so well working" CloD.

Btw. if you watch this video and compare the sound of the sim to the vid, the engine on the vid sounds like a typical Merling engine:

Especially when the P51 passed you can hear the Merlin - "brabl brabl brabl"... this is what I am missing in the sim ;)

Greetings Daniel

AMD Ryzen 7 2700X@ 4Ghz, 32GB RAM, SSD, Gforce RTX 2080 8GB.

not as good as the sound of this ...

T8_5Qc1mK54

Edited by Teapot

"A true 'sandbox flight sim' requires hi-fidelity flyable non-combat utility/support aircraft."

Wishlist Terrains - Bigger maps

Wishlist Modules - A variety of utility aircraft to better reflect the support role. E.g. Flying the Hornet ... big yawn ... flying a Caribou on a beer run to Singapore? Count me in. Extracting a Recon Patrol from a hastily prepared landing strip at a random 6 figure grid reference? Now yer talking!

Oh aye, love this one as well ... I get teary listening to this one.

xITLBRkOd2k&NR

this ...

PKAOGCElH94

and this ...

P2nlGN6aS8g

BTW OP IMO the sound of the Merlin in DCS is pretty spot on (to my ears anyhoot). Particularly if you crank the bass up ... best Merlin engine sound in a sim to date! :thumbup:

Edited by Teapot

"A true 'sandbox flight sim' requires hi-fidelity flyable non-combat utility/support aircraft."

Wishlist Modules - A variety of utility aircraft to better reflect the support role. E.g. Flying the Hornet ... big yawn ... flying a Caribou on a beer run to Singapore? Count me in. Extracting a Recon Patrol from a hastily prepared landing strip at a random 6 figure grid reference? Now yer talking!

But nuthin' beats the sound of a big radial ...

PA69MsHfxuc

:thumbup: That's bloody amazing T-Bone!