Colt 1911, Marines side arm once again

Cali

And there is that, too. :D Though I never could figure out what makes the Glock safety which is on the trigger is supposed to be safer than regular thumb safety that is away from the trigger. Can anyone elaborate on that?

I've only shot a Glock a few times and it was a long time ago, but I was also confused... how could you call it a "safety" if it's on the trigger? Doesn't that defeat the whole point of a safety? :huh: And what does it prevent? If the trigger is accidentally squeezed, the "safety" doesn't prevent the gun from going off.

Anyway, I'm glad that they're going back to a 1911... the 9mm is such a weak round.

Edited by Speed

Intelligent discourse can only begin with the honest admission of your own fallibility.

Member of the Virtual Tactical Air Group: http://vtacticalairgroup.com/

Lua scripts and mods:

MIssion Scripting Tools (Mist): http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=98616

Slmod version 7.0 for DCS: World: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=80979

Now includes remote server administration tools for kicking, banning, loading missions, etc.

how could you call it a "safety" if it's on the trigger?

Because it is there to better ensure that the trigger was pulled consciously and not because your finger was close to the trigger and, e.g. due to stress, your muscles tightened up. As was said, weapons like the Glock are designed for users with good handling discipline that need a weapon that can be drawn and shot very quickly and reliably. That is one reason why it fares so well with units that specialize on forced entry/close quarters.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

Because it is there to better ensure that the trigger was pulled consciously and not because your finger was close to the trigger and, e.g. due to stress, your muscles tightened up. As was said, weapons like the Glock are designed for users with good handling discipline that need a weapon that can be drawn and shot very quickly and reliably. That is one reason why it fares so well with units that specialize on forced entry/close quarters.

I must agree, but it all comes down to training, with the weapon you have! Faster, better, safer, that is all user!! Be safe all.:thumbup: Regardless of weapon choice, you need "Speed", Power" and "Ability to hit your target".

With training most can have SPA. If the weapon has the Power!

when testing the 9mm on a 10" 7 layer vest, the 9mm cut 3 layers of the vest and did not tear the front cover of the 5" phone book. the .45 cal in same test, did not even penetrate the first layer of the vest. but drove the vest 7" clear through the phone book. So where is the stopping power????

Edited by celticcoho

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Celticcoho (OriginFreedom)

WIN 7 64 bit, I7975 at 3.6ghz,X58 Classified 3 Mobo, 6gb Corsair 2000 ram, 2 ea ATI 5870 Eyefinity 6 2gb's , 27" Ultra Sharp,(main view), 3 23"touch screens , Tm Warthog, Saitek Combat Pedals Track IR 5,:D JIM.:book:

Yeah, calling BS on that one. For one, a 9mm will penetrate considerably more than 3 piles of kevlar

+1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"If they can make penicillin out of moldy bread, they can certainly make something out of you"

-Muhammad Ali

WIN 7 64-bit SP1 | AMD Phenom II X4 955 | 8.0 GB RAM | NVidia GeForce GTX 550Ti | CH Pro Throttle | CH Fighterstick | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR5

Sig's aren't bad, I shot my friends Sig 226 and 2022 and they are both nice guns. I actually outshot him with his own guns.

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

The Sigs ARE pretty nice. I'm looking at maybe getting one as a carry gun; the USP45 hasn't really worked out for me (not that it's not a nice gun, but the edges are too sharp and grip too aggressively checkered, so it's physically uncomfortable to carry. And it's recoil characteristics aren't great). Either that, or an FN45 Tactical. Haven't found any .45s that outperform my M9A1 yet, though.

...and that's the other thing that gets me about this USMC purchase. Not only is .45ACP a non-standard ammunition, and not only is it not necessarily the best choice of caliber, but even if they DO want that caliber, the M1911, as advanced as it was for it's time, is obsolete. There's newer and better .45s out there.