DCS World

71st_Mastiff

Cheers!

Glad it helped!

THANK YOU!

With this "solution", however, I still CTD upon trying to display the server list by selecting "Internet". So it's the server list that contains the problem. As long as I keep it on "LAN" or "History", I'm fine, and can directly connect via IP.

But this narrows down where the problem lies a bit, doesn't it?

Thanks again. Apparently, I gave you rep once a few decades ago, so I can't + rep you for your contribution :(

EDIT:

CRAP! I keep getting "Connection Interrupted" when I try a direct IP connection. So maybe this isn't much of a work-around after all?

You're very welcome! The "Connection Interrupted" thing appears to be a totally different beast. Usually for me that problem goes away after one or two more connection attempts from the server list. It may also be a problem with the server, of course.

For what it's worth, I am getting the crash too. I had thought it was a multi monitor issue but, alas, it is not.

I'm not complaining, though. DCS is the greatest thing since the Wright brothers! Keep working on it ED. I'm happy with what I have so far but I'll name my first born child after you if you fix this bug!

P9x79 Deluxe, Intel Core i7 3820 OC'd 4.0 GHz stable, Corsair H80 hydro cooler, G-Skill 32 GB DDR3-2133 (4x 8GB), 2x GeForce GTX 680 SLI, Kingston 120 GB SSD, Crucial 256 GB SSD, CoolMaster 1.2 kW PSU, Samsung 27", Samsung 24", Dynex 40", APC 1200 UPS, Logitech G-15, Logitech G-13, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, Logitech Z5000, TrackIR 4, Western Digital 1TB, 2TB and 3TB ext HD, FC2, A-10c, Ka-50, and P-51d.

• ED Team

these multiplayer bugs are really taking the fun out of it.

I got used to the occasional effects.dll crash but now its a battle to get going some nights.

Hope they have a fix for this soon, its not good having new people on the server with it crashing and having to explain its not them its DCS.

Any news on the next version ?

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 3 weeks later...
Speed... I have no idea what the root cause is, but this solution works for me:

1. Load the multiplayer client
  2. When the master server login dialog appears, press Cancel
  3. In the connection type drop-down, select LAN instead of Internet
  4. In the upper right corner of the screen, press Login and complete the master server login process
  5. In the connection type drop-down, select Internet
  6. ???
  7. Profit!

Seemed to be on the right track for me with this fix, however, as soon as I got to step 5, altering LAN back to Internet, I changed it to Internet and it crashed.

vOv

No joy with joinig using the above suggested fix after 30 mins!!!

Rig: MSI Mag X570 Tomahawk| AMD 5600 | 32 GB DDR3 | M2 NVME Gen4 1TB SSD | Samsung EVo 850 2TB, 500 & 256 GB SSD | Gigabyte AORUS GTX 1080Ti | Samsung 24" (1920x1200) |

2 x Iiyama 22" T2250MTS touch screen (1920x1080) | 2 x 6.4" LCD | Cougar MFDs | Thrustmaster Warthog | CH Pro Pedals | Windows 10

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]