DCS - Force feedback but no rumble?

After searching the web for a half way house solution to my lack of force feedback and buttkickers etc, I came across this old link:

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/531129-Non-FFB-sticks-and-rumble-achieved

It suggests that by adding a simple cheap rumbling controller to your system (attaching it to your chair or under your joystick mount) you could perhaps get some vibration/buffet feedback from stall warnings and maybe guns firing, getting hit etc. in flight sims.

This hope was dashed (for DCS World) when I

a) bought a controller for £8, tried it and found it didn't work :( and

b) found this post: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=90845

which suggests that "rumble" and "ffb" are two different things and the first is not supported in DCS world.

But why not?

If implemented, I assume it could use a similar output to that for ffb and it would add a degree of immersion and feedback relatively cheaply for users (perhaps £8 and a few zip ties).

Any thoughts or opinions on this?

Cheap and realistic aren't words seen together often in the world of flight sim kit, so surely its worth considering as an addition?

(The only downside I can see is that the bolts on my old chair might come undone eventually and throw me to the floor, but I'm willing to try!)

I like it smile.gif but do you agree that DCS could benefit from a bit of rumbling?

Rumbling? - Why not!

But please only where it belongs !!

=To the chair you are sitting on.

Look what can happen when a "effect" is added only to the FFB stick:

icon5.gif Fine-tune FFB gun effect for the Su-25T

So- When you want to have a rumbling chair + stick :

Build a rumbling platform with a modified subwoofer and put your gear on it.

But don't add effects that you feel mainly with your back only to a FFB-Stick...

This causes just too much trouble for small fine-adjustments and puts to much stress on the FFB motors .

Edited by PeterP

• 4 years later...

rumble

After searching the web for a half way house solution to my lack of force feedback and buttkickers etc, I came across this old link:

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/531129-Non-FFB-sticks-and-rumble-achieved

It suggests that by adding a simple cheap rumbling controller to your system (attaching it to your chair or under your joystick mount) you could perhaps get some vibration/buffet feedback from stall warnings and maybe guns firing, getting hit etc. in flight sims.

This hope was dashed (for DCS World) when I

a) bought a controller for £8, tried it and found it didn't work :( and

b) found this post: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=90845

which suggests that "rumble" and "ffb" are two different things and the first is not supported in DCS world.

But why not?

If implemented, I assume it could use a similar output to that for ffb and it would add a degree of immersion and feedback relatively cheaply for users (perhaps £8 and a few zip ties).

Any thoughts or opinions on this?

Cheap and realistic aren't words seen together often in the world of flight sim kit, so surely its worth considering as an addition?

(The only downside I can see is that the bolts on my old chair might come undone eventually and throw me to the floor, but I'm willing to try!)

It IS supported.. but there;s a bug at the moment for some modules..the "rumble" is missing/very soft..

Specs:

Asus Z97 PRO Gamer, i7 4790K@4.6GHz, 4x8GB Kingston @2400MHz 11-13-14-32, Titan X, Creative X-Fi, 128+2x250GB SSDs, VPC T50 Throttle + G940, MFG Crosswinds, TrackIR 5 w/ pro clip, JetSeat, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Oculus Rift, 27"@1920x1080

Settings:

2.1.x - Textures:High Terrain:High Civ.Traffic:Off Water:High VisRan:Low Heatblur:High Shadows:High Res:1920x1080 RoC:1024 MSAA:4x AF:16x HDR:OFF DefS: ON GCI: ON DoF:Off Lens: OFF C/G:390m Trees:1500m R:max Gamma: 1.5

I can highly recommend adding transducers (like the buttkicker) to your chair I just finished a project and added 4 TT25-8 transducer pucks to an office style chair. That setup is 80 watts, and its fantastic and not just for DCS either! I'm quite sure I'll soon be adding a system to the living room couch for movies and TV.

Next to TIR this was the most immersive addition I've made yet.