SU 25T SEAD

lennycutler

I created a routine SEAD mission for the SU 25T. Targets were a M48 Chapparrel and one Hawk battery.

Using the standard SEAD missiles I was routinely successful at knocking out the Hawks...but the M48 Chapparrel never provide an indication via the ETS...

Is there something unique about the M48 that prevents the ETS from picking up its signal. It successfully launched its missiles....are they IR only...launched without the use of RADAR?

I am using the IR Jammer to help survive.

Velocity MicroI7-4790 Windows 7 Home Premium 16Gigs RAM EVGA NVIDIA GTX 1070 500GB SSD TM Hotas Warthog

Is there something unique about the M48 that prevents the ETS from picking up its signal. It successfully launched its missiles....are they IR only...launched without the use of RADAR?

I am using the IR Jammer to help survive.

Correct, Chaparral is visually/optically spotted and targeted. You'll probably want to engage them with Kh-25ML or Vikhr PGMs.

Alternatively, drop a TV-bomb or 29T on it's head. Superior range, Fire-and-Forget ordnance which is safer than lasing till impact, especially against SAM threats.

Edited by 159th_Viper

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Fire-and-Forget ordinance

http://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/british/ordinance?q=ordinance

who says those English language exam results should be regraded?

Even for a foreigner like yourself! :P

Sorry - it's just one that seems to pop up more and more these days (like "aircrafts" and "reticle" and such like)

Edited by JD_LincsUK