DCS Limitations...?

memento10

It's been a while since I worked on a cockpit but what's causing me hesitation are the limitations I ran into previously:

- when starting a mission... actual switch positions vs virtual switch positions (for example hot start vs cold start)

- FPS impact when exporting gauges, MFD's to 2nd PC or running in window mode

- not all switches/data modifiable or exportable through lua (hud possible?)

Although I love to flick switches, I'm thinking a glass cockpit with touchscreens might be a more successful solution so one day I could actually play the game instead of just building the cockpit.

Can Hawgtouch do all this to avoid having to be in window mode for helios? Thoughts?

- pffft a non issue. (and I have over 200 switches)

- no FPS impact. In fact, I get double the framerates of a single monitor user.

- Not all controls/lights are exportable, yes. I've seen an exported HUD and it looked great.

Glass cockpit is a huge work saver.

Helios is great. SoftTH and D3DOverrider cure every downside you can mention to me.

Edited by JG14_Smil

It's been a while since I worked on a cockpit but what's causing me hesitation are the limitations I ran into previously:

- when starting a mission... actual switch positions vs virtual switch positions (for example hot start vs cold start)

QUOTE]

yes it is still an issue with the switchs. Nuthing has changed in that respect. you just have to set all the switches to the corect positiong befor starting the mission runing or not. :doh:

Home built PC Win 10 Pro 64bit, MB ASUS Z170 WS, 6700K, EVGA 1080Ti Hybrid, 32GB DDR4 3200, Thermaltake 120x360 RAD, Custom built A-10C sim pit, TM WARTHOG HOTAS, Cougar MFD's, 3D printed UFC and Saitek rudders. HTC VIVE VR.

https://digitalcombatmercenaries.enjin.com/