X-52 and A10 (DCS World): Do I need to load a profile from SST?

I have recently (three days ago) started simming again. Last cockpit I visited was Falcon 4 Allied Force.

I now have the DCS World + A10 installed, and a X-52 (NOT the pro version) I got as a gift.

I have banged my head in frustration as to how to program the d**n stick using among others Jack Bauer profiles and such..... I have not have one of the profiles working properly.

Now, I have decided not to use any profiles made by others.

So, here's the question:

Do I need to load a profile in the Saitek profile software, or can I start the stick with no profile loaded (only drivers loaded, and the MFD showing "no profile), and then program the whole thing in the DCS control options???

Do I need to load a profile in the Saitek profile software, or can I start the stick with no profile loaded (only drivers loaded, and the MFD showing "no profile), and then program the whole thing in the DCS control options???

No and yes.

You will not be able to use the three modes but otherwise you can program the whole thing in the sim.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Thanx,

As long as I can use modifiers so that I can have several functions on one hat (for example DMS and cockpit lookaround on one hat), I will live.

I will cope without different modes (using the active pause is nice, even though some consider it a cheat...)

This will do until I save up enough for the Warthog Hotas...

No and yes.

You will not be able to use the three modes but otherwise you can program the whole thing in the sim.

Ahm... just one more question, if I still have your attention: Can I program long and short button press in the DCS options screens? If so, how...? The GUI manual are not very clear on that one.

I can of course solve this with adding a second modifier (now the pinky acts as my modifier), but....

Anyway, the X52 now works adequately, and will so until I can get my warthog Hotas for christmas

Ahm... just one more question, if I still have your attention: Can I program long and short button press in the DCS options screens? If so, how...? The GUI manual are not very clear on that one.

I can of course solve this with adding a second modifier (now the pinky acts as my modifier), but....

Anyway, the X52 now works adequately, and will so until I can get my warthog Hotas for christmas

Scratch that.... it's just to hooooold the button a bit longer.... hmmm.... too stupid to fly a hog???

Scratch that.... it's just to hooooold the button a bit longer.... hmmm.... too stupid to fly a hog???

That seems to confuse lots of folks. Glad you figured it out.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

When a friend basically took me from nothing to teach me to fly the A-10 he hooked me up with a smart profile. Basically 90% of it is programmed inside of DCS, but a few things are done by remapping the useless throttle "mouse stick" and making fore and aft into your speed brakes and getting rid of all the Modes and turning the 3 way mode switch on the stick into the LASTE autopilot select switch which is very handy. Also turned off the clutch button and made it into the modifier key. Now I have basically every HAT where it should be just need to press Modifier for some. Obviously by nixing all of the modes you can now use your Pinkie switch for what its meant for. :D

Its this kind of functionality thats for me made up for the woefully inaccurate and mushy control of the X52's stick.

Warning: Nothing I say is automatically correct, even if I think it is.