Cliffs Of Dover Patched on Steam

Rusty_M

Affirm: UBI killed it through incompetence. They have permanently lost my consumer dollars.

I'm not sure pulling your money from the game devs will achieve the result you want. The message you would be sending, especially if everyone who shares your sentiment does the same, is that there is not interest in ww2 flight sims, and they will respond in kind by not making any ww2 flight sims.

I played COD in the first build and it was so bad I didn't play it until the new patch came out. Now it is an excellent ww2 sim. SP mode is not as much fun as MP. Graphically (I'm running full graphics with gtx570 and intel i5 2570) it is top notch. On par with DCS and rise of flight. The FM is very convincing along with the sounds.

I recommend anyone who tried it previously to give it another go. If you haven't tried it, now is a good time. I was very pleased with it.

Edited by Chill31

I'm not sure pulling your money from the game devs will achieve the result you want. The message you would be sending, especially if everyone who shares your sentiment does the same, is that there is not interest in ww2 flight sims, and they will respond in kind by not making any ww2 flight sims.

Not giving money to companies that are named UBI, EA, and Activision is a long standing goal I have. I want them to stop and think there is no demand for any type of game, maybe that way other companies will stop thinking its alright to produce incomplete crap and sell their products as such. I have no idea what producers are thinking these days, and I have less of an idea as why consumers continue to support them by throwing money at unusable garbage. Maybe, just maybe if we all stop buying unfinished products, producers will get a hint. Here's a list of some crap that made millions without being finished at release or even ever:

Diablo 3: Huge server issues and errors for the first month of release.

BF3: Huge server/lag/login/play/ctd/hacking/etc.

Cliffs of Dover: Lag/performance/nothing really new, just nicer graphics.

Whirlwind over vietnam: Major issues on release, company just dissappears.

Microsoft Flight: No clue as to what the majority of the simers want. (I mean who thought people who really dont like sims would start because its just easy mode. Did they really think they were going to steal the COD crowd?)

Janes: "Hey, lets take a great title from the sim community and turn it into garbage", "Sounds good Jim"

COD Series: This is a mystery to me, I dont own the games, but apparently its just recycled crap from the other games. Yet the line up at release day is rediculous.

Mass Effect 3: Not going to even start, for anyone that played it, I pity you.

So millions of dollars for crap? This makes sense only if I use your argument to say that the companies see a demand for unfinished or poorly designed crap. I know most of these dont appeal to everyone here, but it does describe the market and where the money is that they (the developers) want.

Rant over.

... I played COD in the first build and it was so bad I didn't play it until the new patch came out. Now it is an excellent ww2 sim. SP mode is not as much fun as MP. Graphically (I'm running full graphics with gtx570 and intel i5 2570) it is top notch. On par with DCS and rise of flight. The FM is very convincing along with the sounds. ...

Sorry, this is not my experience with CloD. FM is anything but accurate up high, AI, radio comms a mess and broken. It is not an excellent ww2 sim by far. It could have been, though.

I really tried to like it, and even bought to offline expansion campaigns for 30EUR each, but for me it is not enjoyable. I would strongly recommend not to buy it.

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i9-9900@5Ghz, 32 Gig RAM, MSI RTX 3080 TI, 2 TB SSD, 43" 2160p@1440p monitor.

The site is legit. I've bought a few things off them. For this, I reckon they'd just send you a key which you can redeem on Steam/activating a product downloaded from ED.

Thanks!

I just ordered A-10 and BS2. I'm probably getting in way over my head, but at $12.50 each I have to at least try.

StiC

Sorry, this is not my experience with CloD. FM is anything but accurate up high, AI, radio comms a mess and broken.

What is wrong with the FM up high?

When I judge a flight sim, I go on FM, graphics, and then system management (like engine, hydraulics, etc). Cliffs of Dover's FM through 15k ft reacted the way I expected based on 28 years of flying airplanes. Maybe there is an area of innacuracy that I have not uncovered yet though.

Graphically, it is on par with DCS and rise of flight. An argument for each brand could be made based on personal preferences.

Systems modeling incorporated complex engine management to include controlling coolant temps, damageable hydraulic systems, individual gun convergence. Is it at the level of DCS? I dont think so, but it is still a very good simulation.

For me, AI and radio comms are not as big a factor in rating the sim since I typically go with the MP mode of any flight sim I'm into. Though, I personally had no overwhelming problem with the AI.

If WW2 is your era, then without a doubt, you should give CloD a try.