No Airport Lights at Night?

Alterscape

In DCSW (A-10C module; have BS2 but haven't tried night-fighting in it), the engine does not render any of the runway lights! In a MP mission I flew yesterday, I realized that the other two pilots could see the runway lights (glideslope, marker lights, blue taxiway lights, etc) and I see no lights. Is this a known graphics setting thing? Would be really nice to have the option of not doing ILS every single night landing, even with CAVU conditions.

You might want to check your option.lua (in Saved Games\DCS\Config).

In the graphic part there's a Light option (line 55).

I think default value is 2, if you set it to 1 some light won't show up (landing gear light for example).

I experienced the same problem with runway lights during multiplayer. In my case it was the 3 airports in the Tbilisi area. I was taking off from Lochin. However using the F11 view the other airports on the map had all their lights...Very strange.

Speed is life !!!

• 1 year later...

DCSW A-10c

Same problem here : MP , the other two pilots could see the runway lights (glideslope, marker lights, blue taxiway lights, etc) and I see no lights...........airfield Vaziani in this case.

And i have the setting : lights 2 (default) in option.lua (Saved Games\DCS\Config)

AMD Phenom II x4 945 3.0ghz 8G Ram Windows 7 64bit ATI Radeon HD 5700 1G