Complexity (!?)

Hi to everyone,

First of, DCS, nice Job!

I bought A-10C (and the HOTAS) a while back, the Sim is solid, graphics are nice... but I must admit that the learning curve is taking more time than I have as a hobby.

I was wondering if FC3 would be a easier, on the learning process?

Thanks, Best regard from Canada ;)

Delerium

You don't need to be good at A-10C overnight, it is a great sim and worth putting a little bit of time here and there into it.

You see, A-10C is more about the learning process than it is about playing a game, I have been playing for about a year now and there is still so much stuff to learn and I would not have it any other way.

Give it some time, you don't need to devote hours upon hours a day, just learn one thing at a time and it will all come together.

I would be more than happy to help you learn things more quickly, I enjoy teaching folks how to fly in the sim.

Try the SU-25T that is included with DCS World, in terms of systems that is exactly the level FC3 is at.
The Su-25T is the most complex aircraft in FC3. There is no deep systems simulation, no advanced flight model and no clickable cockpits. If you feel that the DCS aircraft are too complex then FC3 is for you, it might even help you understand a lot of the basics so that learning future DCS aircraft migjt be a bit easier.

I was wondering if FC3 would be a easier, on the learning process?

No, definitely not easier. To master the fundamentals of aerial combat is not easy. People make the mistake of thinking of FC3 ito greatly simplified avionics, non-clickable cockpit, Simple Flight models etc etc. That's the mistake, clearly illustrated when you find yourself being used as a target drone online or against the AI.

FC3 gives us the tools to delve in DAC (Dissimilar Air Combat). Mastering this is not an easy task and certainly harder than knowing when to push a particular button in a clickable cockpit - it's the next step in becoming a competent virtual aviator :)

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

A simulator is only as realistic as you make it.

Exactly - the amount of times you'll have your A$$ handed to you is inversely proportional to the amount of time you take to master Aerial Combat. It's up to the individual concerned.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

That said, the A-10A (FC3) controls are a lot easier to map and remember compared to the A-10C (DCS) since there are less of them. You also don't have to worry about things like setting SOI, and the only trim that seems to matter is pitch.

Like Viper said, it will still take time to become proficient, but you should be able to get a hang of the controls faster in FC (and then you'll wish had all those DCS buttons because they're so helpful).

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

Hi Folks,

First, thanks for the input.

I have done some reading of the Su-25t manual (plus training videos) and indeed, it seems less complex. I will take a deeper look at it when time permit. I also need to setup my HOTAS to work correctly, I did not spend 500$ for nothing!

Also, thanks for willing to help me out. Basically, in A10C, it's really the Combat / Missiles systems that drives me crazy. I did try the training, but for some reason, the result is not always as the trainer expected ! :)

Best regards from Canada,

Delerium

Ahh, party town :)

If you were a bit closer I'd offer to help with the training :)

Haha! Here you go ;)

45°32'58.48" N 73°35'34.87" W

Regards.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

GG...u from Canada too? Hmm...small world. :)

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

It's me again ! ;)

I was wondering if there is any advantage / difference between the Su-25 that is bundle with World vs FC3 ? Since I'll start learning it, better get the latest one I believe...

Pre-Ordering FC3 is no issue for me, I have a few spare dollars.

Best Regards from..... ha well.... you know! ;)

Delerium