Saitek X45 Mod

Manny

Gentlemen,

Thank you for recommending modifying spring compression on the Saitek X45. I utilized 12 nylon "zip ties", 10 concentrically on the 3rd and 4th windings and 2 on the second and third to balance the compression.

It worked very well to smooth the movement of the spring guide along the base support of the stick. I could not have achieved this with lubrication of any part. Well done! :icon_jook

The X45 now moves as smooth as my CH Flight Sim Yoke USB. For those familiar with Flight Controllers, "Joysticks" employ a spring that simulates return to center without the need to seek neutral through aircraft attitude. This is akin to moving a flat hand across the tips of fingers and having the center of this perpendicular "T" automatically seek center.

A Flight Yoke does not automatically seek center and the springs meerley return the yoke to an approximate "center" position. The lack of a hard center is the most beneficial control feature and a Flight Controller lacking one is the best possible solution becaue it allows for the smoothest control to, around, and boyond the actual "center."

For those that may have read and wondered why I used a Flight Yoke in combat sims, now you know. My X45 now approaches this with smooth, clearly defined movement and still a soft return to "logical" center.

Guest EVIL-SCOTSMAN

my 45 is dead :( stupid cable that connects both sticks together, well whenever the cable on the stick side is moved in anyway, it messes with all the settings, I can no longer get full deflection on rudder, or afterburner on fighters, 80-90% max throttle, and its all caused by teh stoooopid cable. agggggggggHHHHHHHHHHHHH, if its not one thing its a ******* another.

i would like to order one of your upgrades for the X45 please, im in the UK how much and where should i send the cash ?

I don't know, i'll check it. If You interested it, please send email with Your addresse, i'll check the postage and daily exchange (HUF->...).

59th_Gronyi

my 45 is dead :( stupid cable that connects both sticks together, well whenever the cable on the stick side is moved in anyway, it messes with all the settings, I can no longer get full deflection on rudder, or afterburner on fighters, 80-90% max throttle, and its all caused by teh stoooopid cable. agggggggggHHHHHHHHHHHHH, if its not one thing its a ******* another.

Hehe Evil, sound slike the X52 is for you :D or perhaps the CH products that I continue to read are stable, reliable platforms though I do not like their throttle.

• 6 months later...

Hello all.

Sorry for diggin' up an old thread, but it's about time for me to do something with my X45, it's on it's last legs... Can anybody please share their experiences with these replacement parts?

С уважением,

Tompax (>o<-<

the wire problem seems to be common within the X-45 and the X-36 (i expereinced this myself). But i never did fixed it since i went straight to the X-52 (hope that wont have this problem) but i will return to my X-36 to try to fix it. In the meantime, this was mentioned over at the saitek forum and i guess it will help some of you guys with this problem. http://www.saitekforum.com/showthread.php?t=5051

Not sure if this would help but whatever

http://www.saitekforum.com/showthread.php?t=8039

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 4 years later...

I was doing a search on the web for this x45 mod that was being sold. Through this thread I was able to find it. But, I've sent an email using the email address on this page http://www.repulonap.hu/redhunters/templates/images/x45upgrade/x45_upgrade_eng.pdf but haven't got a response.

Has anyone used this mod? And if so, how did it work? Also, does anyone know if his email has changed? I'm interested in this mod if I can get it.