ticket 17808

sandan

hi. i entered this ticket sunday night, so it hasn't been 48 hrs. but from what i'm reading in the forum it appears there are several problems, maybe not all the same, with no resolution.

i would really like to know that someone is working on the install problem i'm experiencing (err code 0xc000007b).

not implying that the problem may not be a user error, but i'm reasonably proficient and i'm lost as to what to try next.

anyway, it would be nice to know that someone out there knows that i exist.

The error code alone is unfortunately not enough to do anything towards investigating the matter. That is a Windows error message and on it's own is way too general to say anything.

Are you getting a BSOD along with it?

What is the listed faulting module in the error?

Find the error in Windows Even Viewer ( http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=868859&postcount=4 ) and copy in the details given there.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

so, what's the deal?

it's wed (that's 3 days now) and i still have no support from anyone on how to proceed with solving my problem.

the one comment about the windows err code not being enough to solve the problem is not support. it takes a focused effort to resolve customer problems and that requires communication between the support personnel and the customer, and that just hasn't happened.

anyway, based on what i'm seeing in this forum the problem is bigger than just my problem and i don't see anyone taking any responsibility for resolving the obvious bugs with dcs world.

so what's the next step?

The next step is that you give us some time to look into this.

The full contents of the report from Event Viewer would be helpful. This would look something like this:

attachment.php?attachmentid=74227&stc=1&d=1354107803

The information in the marked field can be copy-pasted.

eventviewer.thumb.png.91ac9e2646776d6bef8b9bbc6cbf9144.png

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

|
| Life of a Game Tester

oh my, what to say.

why is it i feel like i'm the problem?

jeeeeezzzzzzzzzzzzzz, i would be more than happy to help u debug your problem. let's see. i have spent $1000 plus building this new computer so i can fly simulators with reckless abandon. i have installed fsx, x-plane10, lockon(that's u guys, right?), more plugins and addons than i have time to enter and i have had not one problem. NOT ONE!!!!!!!!!!! i BUY! dcs p-51d mustang and i'm told i have to have dcs world. ok, i download it and it fails to launch. am i suppose to believe that i'm unique and that i'm the only one having problems? if that's the case then help me help u figure this out. if not, and this is a bigger problem than just the one i'm experiencing then adimit it and tell me ur working on it.

it is practically impossible to debug and fix a problem by exchanging forum posts every-other day. it would take forever, and i'm not willling to do that. either let's work together on a committed basis to resolve this or refund my money.

after all - i am the customer. right?

Sir, I understand that you are frustrated, but I am trying to help you.

As stated: a windows error code does not help us find the problem on it's own. It points us in the right direction, but if you want prompt assistance we do need more since your issue is a previously unknown problem.

For this reason, I asked for the specific indications from your system that might help us figure out what is going on and thus be able to either give you an immediate solution, or implement a fix with an update to the software. I am sorry if this was not clear, but what I displayed in this last post was what I was originally asking for. As you can see, there is a button named "copy" there; this would have supplied the full error report. I am sorry that the link I gave you was not clear about this procedure and will look at improving it's clarity.

And yes, you are the first person I know of that has this specific problem. And I am actually trying to help you figure it out.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|
| Life of a Game Tester

dcs world help?

i am not trying to be a jerk, but there are other posts with the same problem, so i'm not the 1st or only one with this problem.

that being said.

there is nothing in event viewer that would be useful. that last and only thing i can provide is that updater.exe fails with the msw err code.

as i stated earlier i am reasonably proficent, but it's been a long time since i've debugged software problems so my skills may be outdated. if there are other tools/techniques (maybe even event viewer - might not remember how to use it) let me know.

i really do not understand why the dcs support team cannot contact me and work directly, real time on this problem. this is the 4th day and no response.

i look forward to another 24 hrs going by and still no resolution.

Event Viewer is indeed something that can give extremely valuable information, as I mentioned previously. To use it:

Open the start menu and type "Event Viewer" in the search field.

Once open, find the location as in my screenshot and locate the error for updater.exe.

Directions are also available in the link I pasted in post number 2: http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=868859&postcount=4

Support staff currently have a lot of requests to handle. What I am trying to do here is ensure that they have all the information they need.

Does the multiplayer link work correctly?

If so, please give me your install directory (right-click the icon, select "properties", and then copy the information found in "Start In". I can try making a non-updated shortcut for you.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|
| Life of a Game Tester

event viewer

i used EV alot, many years ago, although i remember it being called something else. anyway. the example u added is un-readable on my end, so i'm not sure what the point is ur trying to make. i will say that; no matter what config tweaks i use i cannot replicate a screen that looks anything like the one u show.

i also can not get anything/tool to give me any more information than the

failing app is updater.exe.

i'm quite sure there is more i can do on my end and i'm working on it. i have an old college chum who is a big time IT guy at crieghton university. i got a call into him. i'm sure he will be able to coach me thru this so i can provide something that might be useful.

didn't get much time last night, so nothing new to add.

re: multiplayer - haven't even checked. i'll have to figure it out.

I am just a customer of this "Small" company myself, the "Sim Community" is a tight nit group, we see eachother in the other Flight sim forums and pages.

This isn't a large company just a group of good guy dedicated to writing one hell of a Flight Sim. No 1-800 # or large room full of employees. So they ask that we the users of their program help them help ourselves. I have been with them sense this softwar was in its early Beta iteration.

Anyway, Did you try redownloading the software? as you may well know there could just be a blip in your downloaded packet.

I see you just built this PC so it is most likley up to date as far as the Drivers are concerned, what CPU did you use? And you can always copy and paste an error code into

the Windows Suport website for a look up of the definition.

I took a look at your error code it is in the Microsoft Support site take a look. here Error message occurs after you change the SATA mode of the boot driveDescribes an issue in which you receive a "STOP 0x0000007B INACCESSABLE_BOOT_DEVICE" error message when you start Windows Vista or Windows 7 after you ...

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/922976

Edited by AtaliaA1

This was a Boutique Builder iBuypower rig. Until I got the tinker bug again i7 920 @3.6Mhz 12Gig Corsair XMS3 ram 1600 Nvidia 760 SLi w/4Gig DDR5 Ram Intel 310 SSD HDD 160 Gb + Western Digital 4Terabyte HDD Creative SB X-Fi HD Audio Logitech X-530 5.1 Surround Speaker System Dual Acer 32"Monitors. PSU 1200 w Thermaltake Win10 64Bit.

> than a week

it has been a week now since i entered my support request.

ya, i know, i could get this data and that data and on and on. but, i would like

dcs support personnel to contact me and make a commitment to work on this bug until it's fixed.

is this really to much to ask?

if anyone out there has any contacts with dcs support pls have them contact me. even if they can't work on because of work load i will be patient a little longer. at least i know are aware of situation. they But if i'm can't fly what's the point.

to whoever can help - THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

if anyone out there has any contacts with dcs support pls have them contact me.

You have been contacted 4 times by a moderator of these boards to speed up this process. If you don't follow his advice, i'm afraid there is not much anybody can do for you right now. Unless you are willing to take the steps that EtherealN has outlined, please be patient until official support contacts you.

• Like 1

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

4 times!!!!!

yep, 4 times, by someone who is not a dcs employee thus not able to solve my problem.

why should i waste my time to get info that is irrelevant till someone can look at it and decide what the next step should be to debug the problem. that is not a forum moderator.

last time i checked i was the customer, at least it was my money. in the world i live in the customer is the one who get the service not the one who provides it.

so unless u have some meaningful input towards solving my problem don't post here.

why should i waste my time to get info that is irrelevant till someone can look at it and decide what the next step should be to debug the problem. that is not a forum moderator.

Sandan, for your information, on my other screen right at this moment I am currently looking at a support ticket while in communication about it with Andrei Ustinovich at ED Support division.

You asked for someone with contacts in ED support. You've been talking to one all the time. If you want help, I can help. Your call.

Giving me the information I requested would take you less time than the posts you have made here since then. The information is not irrelevant.

Here's what I need:

1) The full entry in Event Viewer, as indicated in screenshot. Cause the error to occur, then open event viewer, find the error, copy the full details in here.

2) If the multiplayer link works, I would want the install location which you can find through the properties tab on the shortcut. With this I can make a new shortcut for you that bypasses the updater.exe problem. http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1617684&postcount=10

Edited by EtherealN

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|
| Life of a Game Tester

• 2 weeks later...

dcs world fails on 3 ocmputers.

i now have dcs world failing on 3 windows computers. all different. anyone ready to work on these? i mean really work on these. i find it interesting that no one from dcs support "SUPPORT" will work with me on these failures. i was told that i would be contacted by support within 48 hrs. it's been 3 weeks and not one attempt to contact me.

Again, support is working through a lot of tickets at the moment, which unfortunately means long waiting times. Your only options at this point are providing the info that Ethereal has requested or waiting patiently for support (who, btw., will ask you for the same thing). Your choice.

Edited by sobek

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

Seriously Sandan: http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1621940&postcount=17

Point 1: I do need that information. The moment I get it, it's forwarded to a support tech. Or you post it to your ticket and let me know when it's done and I'll poke them. That's the way I handle these things.

Point 2: Even if point 1 is a problem, through point 2 I can get your game running even while waiting for the updater problem to be investigated and resolved. All that time you have been not simply giving me your install directory is time you probably could have spent playing the game.

Now, can we please go back to the start, get me said information, and then I can both get support working on figuring out what's happening with your updater AND, in the meantime, I can get you a shortcut that avoids the problem in the meantime.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|
| Life of a Game Tester

• 3 weeks later...

Tanky, please read the thread. We need more information.

This error message actually means that Windows cannot read your boot drive and should cause a BSOD. For this reason, to troubleshoot this, we need more than the error code, as indicated previously in this thread.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|
| Life of a Game Tester