Warthog Newbie needs help!

I have recently aquired a second hand Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas and I am in the process of geting to know it.

I have already been inside it to de-grease and re-lube the gimbals and friction plate, as it had a sticktion problem around the centre point. This has made the joystick super smooth and a joy to use.

The only fault I have is that I find the the Throttle slew control too sensitive in DCS A-10 (Mav and Lightening)and totally unusable in the Black Shark2 (TV Shkval).

I would gratefully appreciate it if any Warthog users could help with recommended settings for this problem.:thumbup:

Edited by DanKurt

Well this is how mine is set up by default, for A-10C sim.

This is under axis tune for the hotas slew axis, both vertical and horizontal:

Deadzone: 30

Saturation X: 100

Saturation Y: 15

Curvature: 0

Again this is how mine was set up by default for A-10C. This results in a pretty slow movement of the slew. I am still learning the sim, and have read that might be a little slow for targeting purposes, but perhaps a good starting point for you to try and adjust from there if yours is too sensitive.

Hope it helps,

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

I found the default would not work for me (SOO DANM SLOW the cursor would hardly move, I've taken out the saturation, put a small deadzone and a nice curve and it's working very well for me, extremely sensitive but very precise. If you find that too sensitive just mess a bit with the saturation and curve settings you should find something that works well for you.

You can change the slew speed in the mfcds.

When in Mav mode check on the right mfcd beside button 8 (right side centre), it reads 5 by default. 1 is fastest and 9 is slowest, sounds like you need a higher number. you'll see the change on the mfcd. If you find at 9 it's still too fast then there is an issue with the joystick

Likewise on the left mfcd go to Stat (button 12 - bottom row 2nd from right) then click next page (button 1 I think) then scroll down using button 19 until you get to Throttle - I think 1-9 is the same as for Mav as above so click on the appropriate number on the ufc then Throttle - you'll see the change on the mfcd

Hope that makes sense

• Like 1

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

Thanks for all the help chaps.

I was aware you could change slew rate int he MFCD but I wanted to slow it down in Axis control menu as I wanted to use the TM Warthog for BS2 as well as A-10.

I have applied burnette's settings which has really helped with A-10 but its still too sensetive for BS2. I will try a tweaking session today and if I get a workable slew with the Shkval, I will post back with my settings.

• 10 months later...

Have you ever figured out what the best settings were for the mouse hat slew rates?

I've played around with the axis tune and still have yet to find a solid setting. Hopefully with 1.2.7 we'll be able to make a change, without exiting the mission, to get some more instant feedback.

Also, I'm not sure if this is me having an issue or what, but sometimes slewing in certain directions get's the pointer "stuck" in one axis. If I want to move the TGP up and to the right, sometimes it'll just move up (y) and get stuck in the (x) axis. Re-centering the mouse hat fixes it until I try to go in the same direction again. Little frustrating.

Intel i5-2500k @ 4.4GHz w/ H70 liquid cooler, ASRock PRO3-M Z68 Mobo, 32G 1600Mhz Mushkin RAM, EVGA GTX970 4GB , OCZ Agility 3 128g SSD, SanDisk 240g SSD, Win7 64-bit

--Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/livingfood --