F-15C

anivanov

Black Sea Ops will be updated to run with the current patch when it is released. At this moment it is 1.11, but it will be 1.12 compatable and 1.2 hopefully.

T-Bone

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus G72GX | CPU: Core 2 Duo Overclocked @ 2.9Ghz | Memory 6GB DDR2 | Graphics Card: nVidia GTX 260m 1GB | OS: Windows 7 Home Premium | Monitor: Samsung 32" LCD

LOMAC 1.0 to FC 1.12 System RIP (2003-2010) | AMD Athlon 64 3000+ overclocked to 2565MHz | NVidia Geforce 7800 GS AGP 256 MB | 1GB Kingston PC2700 DDR DRAM | Windows 2000 with SP4

I still say F-16C is the best looking plane. If the F-16 was a woman, I'd marry her.

T-Bone

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus G72GX | CPU: Core 2 Duo Overclocked @ 2.9Ghz | Memory 6GB DDR2 | Graphics Card: nVidia GTX 260m 1GB | OS: Windows 7 Home Premium | Monitor: Samsung 32" LCD

LOMAC 1.0 to FC 1.12 System RIP (2003-2010) | AMD Athlon 64 3000+ overclocked to 2565MHz | NVidia Geforce 7800 GS AGP 256 MB | 1GB Kingston PC2700 DDR DRAM | Windows 2000 with SP4

Guest EVIL-SCOTSMAN

it was an engine test, and the dude forgot to break or the things holding the aircraft in place snapped, thus allowing the aircraft to move forward. it was awhile ago that i got told the full story, but i think somethings broke and the aircraft went forward at full afterburner and straight into the hangar door.

but basically it was a test that went wrong.

it's F/A-22.....not F-22

well i don't like it...Ok for sure it's Stealthy and has Thrust vectoring, but the C/C (Cost to Capability) Rate is far too low i think. It's Air to Air only, with the A/G-Role limited to 4 Bombs that can be carried.....not really worth the Price, a (nearly) A/A only fighter is way to un-economically in today's world.

it's F/A-22.....not F-22

well i don't like it...Ok for sure it's Stealthy and has Thrust vectoring, but the C/C (Cost to Capability) Rate is far too low i think. It's Air to Air only, with the A/G-Role limited to 4 Bombs that can be carried.....not really worth the Price, a (nearly) A/A only fighter is way to un-economically in today's world.

and why americans buy it then?

Robbie.

Because they have the money, and the USA don't have that much people who are against the big Military Funding they got over there...

the USA has many things that are un-economically (B-2, 15 Carriers, Big Reserve Fleet) but they have the money to afford it, unlike most other Countries.

it's F/A-22.....not F-22

Like you said, it's the F/A-22, meaning it has ground attack capabilities. It can carry varius smart munitions and even if it carried only 4-bombs, that would be just as many if not more than some other strike aircraft, but with more capabilities. The F/A-22 can take the place of the F-15C, F-15E, F-16, F/A-18, and other aircraft, so really, imagine the cost of the aircraft it takes the place of added together and it really isn't that un-economical (not saying that it doesn't cost a helluva lot of money ;)).

Stupid thermals...

Because they have the money, and the USA don't have that much people who are against the big Military Funding they got over there...

the USA has many things that are un-economically (B-2, 15 Carriers, Big Reserve Fleet) but they have the money to afford it, unlike most other Countries.

Well if they got money and no people against, I see no problems.. it's a good aircraft and they will spend more money for A/G aicraft if they need it.. no?

Robbie.

mav-90, yeah it is F/A-22, i just forget to add A.I dont like this plane. it is modern airplane(multirole), but sooner or later American Airforces will see it"s not a bingo A/G plane.I think there is no need to mix up AIR and GROUNDATACKER caracteristics.for example:if you mix up this caracteristics F/A looses on fighter feature, and its the same thing for the aircraft which primary purpose is to attack ground targets.

The F/A-22 can take the place of the F-15C, F-15E, F-16, F/A-18,

Oops must have missed your post..

Well if you manage an arrested landing in a F/A-22 you're a real Pro!

Well it's my oppinion, you don'T have to share it, i don'T like it, cuz it'S not enough plane for the money it costs ;-)

Well i'm german, so may the US throw their money where they want :icon_jook

Original posted by Maverick-90

Well i'm german, so may the US throw their money where they want :icon_jook

not US, US goverment and their president.........he is spending money just because he can tell to the nation he bought something really goood........:cool::cool::cool:

Oops must have missed your post..

Well if you manage an arrested landing in a F/A-22 you're a real Pro!

Of course I can, just give me a second....:icon_jook

I was saying capability-wise it had a similar role. The carrier version of the F-35 could take the place of the F/A-18, but I doubt it since the F/A-18E/F's are still very new and very capable.;)

Stupid thermals...

Of course I can, just give me a second....:icon_jook

I was saying capability-wise it had a similar role. The carrier version of the F-35 could take the place of the F/A-18, but I doubt it since the F/A-18E/F's are still very new and very capable.;)

F/A-18E/F are still young ( they are short time in U.S. Airforces ) and they will play an important role for many years.....