Keyboard mapping for MFCD buttons

falcon00

For the Warthog, they are Plug & Play...no keyboard mapping needed.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

The controls screen has them but they aren't mapped to the keyboard just to the joystick. It looks like I have to do that by myself which means it's going to be a pain in the butt two step process.

If you're using the Cougar HOTAS then the TARGET software will override whatever plug and play settings there are and the MFDs won't work at all. That aside they only kind of work anyway. All the inner buttons work ok but the rocker buttons at the four corners are reversed.

If you're using the Cougar HOTAS then the TARGET software will override whatever plug and play settings there are and the MFDs won't work at all.

I really don't use the rockers in the corners but the rest of the buttons work exactly right. Regarding Target, which I use for my Warthog, you just need to exclude them from the Target profile and the Plug & play works just fine.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

That's what I did and it didn't work. I don't know what the problem is.

Are you sure the exclude statement worked? The log at the bottom of the screen will tell you what it did or did not include in the Thrustmaster_Combined controller. Also, if the rockers are reversed you can always change that in the control options and save the profile for each MFD.

This is what the exclude lines should look like in the profile.

int main()
{

Configure(&LMFD, MODE_EXCLUDED);
Configure(&RMFD, MODE_EXCLUDED);

if(Init(&EventHandle)) return 1;  //declare event handler - return on error

I know they don't show up in the controls section for the MFCDs. When they are enabled there will be a column with their mappings. When i exclude and go back in those columns are gone.

If you have them excluded (or think you do) and the columns no longer appear then the exclude line probably did not function and they are still included in the profile.

If memory serves, the exclude statements must be placed at the top of your main() if they are located below the EventHandler line they will not function but they also will not return an error.

Are you doing this in the Target GUI or the Script Editor (or any text editor instead of the Target GUI)?

Edited by cichlidfan

EDIT: nevermind

It should work. Hmmm.

EDIT2: But they work when Target is not running?

Edited by cichlidfan