DCS World and all my modules won't accept any keyboard input

pii

Yesterday I was flying my new shininy P-51 around and all of a sudden none of my keys worked or any other input other than axis input from my WH HOTAS.

This is with all modules. A-10, CA, p51, k50 Lockon3.

Once I enter flight no input at all.

I've even reinstall DCS World same problem

Did system restore to 3 days prior and same problem

To sum it up I have absolutly no keyboard inputs either with the keyboard or my HOTAS other than axis contol.

What in the world could cause this even on a new install?

very odd

HELP! :cry:

When you reinstalled did you also delete/rename your saved games folder? That is where the keyboard/controller configs that are used reside. Though I can't imagine multiple keyboard config files getting corrupted at the same time.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

When you reinstalled did you also delete/rename your saved games folder? That is where the keyboard/controller configs that are used reside. Though I can't imagine multiple keyboard config files getting corrupted at the same time.

No and I was just thinking of that but I did do a system restore which should have fixed anything in there unless system restore doesn't restore those files since they are user files.

No and I was just thinking of that but I did do a system restore which should have fixed anything in there unless system restore doesn't restore those files since they are user files.

If you mean repair, no that will not touch anything in your Saved Games folder. Rename it and restart the sim, it will reset everything to default. Then you can copy your joystick controller files back (not the keyboard files, of course).

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

If you mean repair, no that will not touch anything in your Saved Games folder. Rename it and restart the sim, it will reset everything to default. Then you can copy your joystick controller files back (not the keyboard files, of course).

No I mean system restore the windows system restore. I also tried a repair but that was no go. Yeah I guess that's my next step to delete the dcs folder under my user. What would be in there that would apply to every module?

Don't delete it, just rename it. I actually cannot imagine one file in there affecting all modules but it is the most logical source of the problem at this point. Controller file corruptions have been known to happen for unknown reasons. I don't recall ever hearing of a case affecting multiple modules but it is also possible that it may have been the case without the user realizing it. Either way, no harm in renaming the folder. If nothing changes you have lost nothing but a few minutes time.

Don't delete it, just rename it. I actually cannot imagine one file in there affecting all modules but it is the most logical source of the problem at this point. Controller file corruptions have been known to happen for unknown reasons. I don't recall ever hearing of a case affecting multiple modules but it is also possible that it may have been the case without the user realizing it. Either way, no harm in renaming the folder. If nothing changes you have lost nothing but a few minutes time.

Well I figured it out.

Once I renamed the folder and the sim starting working again I started adding items back to the new DCS folder from the old DCS folder. Through trail an error finally found the file that did in fact effect all modules. It was a lua file called modifiers.lua it was in the DCS/config/input folder. I also found a bunch of DCS crash dump files. Apparently DCS was having issues reading the lua file and was crashing even though it would fire up and run. :mad:

After fixing it I fired it up and promptly bombed some poor village with my newly acquired knowledge on how to use laser guarded bombs.:pilotfly:

Thanks for your input.:thumbup:

I forgot about that one. There are request in to have that file individualized to the modules as well but it has not happened yet.

Glad you got it sorted out.

• 1 year later...

same type of problem

Had the same type of problem. Game would take keyboard or track-IR input, only mouse worked. Turns out I ran A10 Warthog module 1.2.3 with DCS version 1.2.7 complete re-install of game and module with latest version fixed it. All inputs work.