Need some advice

Okay, bottom line up front, I am out of touch, and do not know what I should do to upgrade the system I currently have. I would like to be able to improve my performance while playing all of the DCS titled sims, and currently run everything on medium settings with no shadows, no civ traffic, and low water and get 30-35 fps. I'd like to be able to upgrade and run stuff as high as possible. My specs are below, and was hoping to get some advice on what to inprove (RAM, Graphics Card, etc.) thanks for the help.

Dell Studio XPS 435T

Intel Core I7 CPU 920 @2.67Ghz

6Gb RAM

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit

The video is probably the HD 4870.

Power supply looks like 475 watts.

A video card upgrade would probably be the way to go, just watch the power supply requirements.

Also if possible you could try overclocking the cpu some if the BIOS allows it.

Asus Sabertooth P67 Motherboard 2600k CPU, 16 gig DDR3, 1600. Samsung 830, 256 gig hard drive,

GTX780 Video Card, Warthog Hotas, Razer Mamba mouse. Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals. Trackir 5, Verizon FIOS 25Meg Up/Down

Forgot to add that I have a Nvidia gt260 graphics card.

A 4870 would be good on paper, its a 256 bit bus card too but I had one and you need a good 700 watt PSU. Look on AMD website. They list what PSU units are certified to run with any ATI video card. Thats simply a must!

http://www.amd.com/us/products/desktop/graphics/ati-radeon-hd-4000/hd-4870/Pages/ati-radeon-hd-4870-system-requirements.aspx

You could go see what kind of bang you can get for lower power from Nvidia. I left ATI. Several here did. The multi monitor crap with them was nuts. Poor drivers.

Asus P8Z68-V GEN3/ 2500k 4.4ghz / Corsair 64gb SSD Cache / Corsair 8g 1600 ddr3 / 2 x 320gb RE3 Raid 0 /Corsair 950w/ Zotac 560TI AMP 1gb / Zalman GS1200 case /G940/