What is DX Buttons

I have the tm user manual, and the script editor manual. I have looked in the A-10c user manual. And I can find NO explaination of this. Maybe I should of posted this in my Newbie....bet you guys are tired of us thread!

But I see alot of conversation of them. Is there a thread I missed that the search editor didn't find?

TIA

WD

Also, I believe the DX button numbers are identified in the Warthog manual.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Thankx, just wanted to know what dx meant. and why they chose to call plain ol buttons DX!

Ah - well I would assume it comes from , Direct X ( DX for short), which is the underlying code in windows, that it uses to communicate with hardware and other things.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

To me DX is a driver for vid cards, like dx 11

That is absolutely correct. "Direct X" is a set of programming interfaces that allow software programs to interact with the user, especially for games. It is an software layer somewhere between the physical device driver and the fancy shiny windows desktop. "Direct X" handles stuff, beginning with input devices like joysticks to output devices like graphics cards.

That is absolutely correct. "Direct X" is a set of programming interfaces that allow software programs to interact with the user, especially for games. It is an software layer somewhere between the physical device driver and the fancy shiny windows desktop. "Direct X" handles stuff, beginning with input devices like joysticks to output devices like graphics cards.

You used Direct X twice. I think you meant the second time as DX

so Direct X is managing my buttens, same as the software running my vid graphics.....hmmmm

Yes, correct, as Direct X, i.e. "DX11" (Direct X version 11), consists of several components that manages different hardware. So there is "DirectDraw" or "Direct3D" that copes with graphics and 3d stuff (i.e. important for your graphics card) and "DirectInput" that takes care of your "DX buttons" of your joystick.

Have a look at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DirectX for more details.