Mission Editor: how to deactivate group after landing?

hey guys, the title says it all....

i want to build a online mission with FW190s as oponents for our P51.

and i want a somehow continuous battlefield, where 190s take off every x minutes, fly their mission(waypoints) while searching for possible bandits, and after they have landed again at their homebase, they should be deactivated/despawn.so that the mission is not crowded with tens or even hundreds of planes after a while.

the thing is, i dont know how to achieve that.

only thing i was able to make is to deactivate a group after x seconds, but thats a pretty inconvinient way, as one never exactly knows how long their mission will really take.

oh, and is there a way already, to let a group respawn?so that i dont have to create tens of flightgroups, but just one or two and let them respawn again and again after they have completed their mission?

thx in advance!

Under altitude and "unit speed below" can help prevent that from happening. The altitude can be set to under 10 feet and speed below 1m/s or something to that effect.

As for the respawning... I think that function has recently been introduced through MIST features- but I'm still trying to figure it out. It seems associated with random spawn in zone code that I'm nowhere near understanding.

At this point I might recommend you just stick to cloning your flights. This is as easy as hovering your mouse over the unit you want to duplicate and hit cntrl-c. Then cntrl-v to paste. It will entirely clone your unit / group- so a few small details like bort numbers etc may need to be changed slightly.

Once you set the conditions to deactivate your landed flight you set a flag.

So basically you have:

runonce / unit speed less than - unit altitude less than / group deactivate - flag true (1)

Then you could go:

runonce / time since flag (1) 120 seconds / group activate (new group)

Next you would run:

runonce / unit speed less than - unit altitude less than / (new group) deactivate - flag true (2)

runonce / time since flag (2) 120 seconds / group activate (new group #001)

etc.

It can at least help you achieve your goal now while you learn more about MIST and some advanced capabilities of the ME.

Edited by ENO

"ENO"

Type in anger and you will make the greatest post you will ever regret.

"Sweetest's" Military Aviation Art