Anyone Recommend an Su-25T Campaign

Just wondering if there are any decent Su-25T campaigns that others have played. The Georgian Oil War is driving my nuts; I can't get past 2 or 3 missions in without being killed. Ideally, I'd like to play something a bit less SAM heavy.

I can't believe real pilots would fly CAS with so many SAMs flying at them. :huh:

Valve Index | RTX 3070 Ti (Mobile) | i7-12700H @ 2.7GHz | 16GB RAM

agreed - and i cant believe that DCS included such a difficult campaign in a product that they know will be used by novices (and I dont mean flight sim novices - ive got almost 30 years under my belt and i find those missions too challenging)

you are right about deploying fighter bombers in a sam environment like that - it would only happen as a last resort in dire circumstances.

The other thing to consider is that real life CAS pilots would not fly these missions the way we do (trying to get a kill with every missle and bomb we have). They would do a run or two and then RTB - happy with just a few kills. I consider a 4 vehicle kill mission a success in the SU25, and if you are playing online, loitering in the target area for longer than that means you are just waiting to be splashed by some dude in his fighter..

My suggestion to you is to edit the campaign missions by deleting some of the sams (remember you will have to unhide them first in the editor)

Just wondering if there are any decent Su-25T campaigns that others have played. The Georgian Oil War is driving my nuts; I can't get past 2 or 3 missions in without being killed. Ideally, I'd like to play something a bit less SAM heavy.

I can't believe real pilots would fly CAS with so many SAMs flying at them. :huh:

Operation Cyclone

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/231171/

It's the only one I found, but seems good so far.

I had thought about deleting a few SAMs. My guess is that most people will use an invulnerable pilot and keep hitting re-fly until they succeed. The high chance of death probably doesn't concern them.

Valve Index | RTX 3070 Ti (Mobile) | i7-12700H @ 2.7GHz | 16GB RAM

• 3 weeks later...

Operation Cyclone is definitely a much easier campaign for the Su-25T. The trick to success in Georgian Oil War is to go into the mission planner in the briefing for each mission and adjust the flight plan to avoid SAMs as much as possible. I also suggest taking two KH-29T missiles for any mission thats not at night or bad weather. They have the longest range (aside from anti radiation missiles) and are fire and forget making them great for taking out multiple IR SAM threats in one pass.