Aerial transport

Fuzzy_bear

Is it possible to get the Chinook to air lift vehicles and drop them at a designated drop-off site? I purely ask because I want to use it as an "eye-candy" for a mission idea.

I've seen some other posts regarding a similar mission idea which sadly makes my idea seem as original as sliced bread but I'd like to give it a go none the less.

Basically with the edition of the Huey I would like to incorporate it in as much of it's various roles as possible. With all the numerous MP missions out my Ideal is to create a sort of "prequel" mission to them whereby the FOB's and FARP's are "built" prior to the campaign/mission commencing. Having the Huey insert troops getting attack heli's to "soften" LZ's while the big birds airlift in some of the kit and convoy trucks bring in "supplies" that need aerial protection and so-on. While including as many of the "user aircraft" as possible to create a huge co-op type mission where everybody gets to have a go at flying what they prefer and doing "there job" as it were.

I just think it would be nice as a community effort to get all the different aircraft types working together in one big mission initiative rather than just anti tank strike for (X)planes or convoy S&D for those.. etc. etc. instead of jumping from server to server to to do a bit of this and then a bit of that..

Also I'd like a bit of input from you guys in terms of : "NO! your idea sux!" or "Yup.. I'd like that" before I go spending a week or two chasing my tail trying to make it work.

Is there some type of database or pdf that lists the various functions that you can make all the different available "units" do?

For example:

BMP-1, can: fire on target area, attack target area, follow unit, tow trailer(X) jump over a bus like evil kenevil(not seriously just trying to make a point).. etc. etc.

Also, is there any animations or scripting for making an AI Utility helicopter airlift a vehicle or container visually? or is that not possible in the sim

BMP-1, can: fire on target area, attack target area, follow unit, tow trailer(X) jump over a bus like evil kenevil(not seriously just trying to make a point).. etc. etc.

This may be helpful: http://en.wiki.eagle.ru/wiki/Part_2#Controller

Also, is there any animations or scripting for making an AI Utility helicopter airlift a vehicle or container visually? or is that not possible in the sim

I don't think it is currently possible.

Basically if a group has an option in the mission editor, it will likely have said option within the scripting engine. Even then the mission editor does simplify some things. As I understand it for example the "SEAD" task is simply "Search and Engage" but automatically limited to all SEAD targets.

Simulating objects being towed should be possible, however airlift is a different matter. We simply can't spawn stuff in the air unless its an aircraft. Furthermore it seems that spawning static objects isn't quite working as it should.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

Thanks for the info. Seems unfortunately my imagination is just going to have to work a little harder with regards to available animation sequences.

Just thought it would look awesome seeing a couple of Chinook's with under slung loads flying in behind an assault force dropping in vehicles and containers as the assault force beats clear a path into a hot LZ with all manner of mayhem breaking out around you.

Yeah... That's the kind of missions I'm working on as well. Wouldn't it be awesome if we could fly the Chinook? First wave every Chinook carries a platoon of soldiers, and in the follow up waves the vehicles are brought in together with supplies and everything :)

Freaking cool!