Saitek X-52

I have an X-52 myself, it works great. But if you want the best, almost everyone will tell you CH products (that's if you could dish out the cash). But back to your X-52, first calibrate it and see if your movements are showing a direct response. And tell us the serial number on the bottom of the stick, it might be a old model with the deadzone issues.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

SZ00234386 is the serial number to my X52.

I went into Game Controllers in Control Panel, off my desktop.

No Calibration for the X52 only Properties and Troubleshooting! In properties it does show the dead zones can be changed I guess that is a calibration of sorts.

This unit does have MAJOR dead zone issues as I work with it. It is unuseable as a controller for Flt. Sims as is. I emailed Saitek to see if they would make good on thier product. (Fix It)

Any one have a solution. Thanks :)

Thanks

The new models is anything above S00245477. Although your numbers are lower than that, i dont think you have an old model since it has a Z in there. I can't really comment on that so it might be a possible old one. The X-52 is self-calibrated. So when you go into properties, move around the stick and all the buttons to see if your slightest movement gets recognized.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

What I do with my Saitek cyborg EVO (damn precise btw), before the mission starts, is moving the stick in full circles a couple of times and twisting the stick like 2 times, after that it's as precise as it gets.

Auto calibration means that the joystick automatically callibrates, WHEN YOU MOVE IT AROUND, so before every lomac session, move your stick around a bit, and see what it does to the deadzone. If that didn't help, then try to get another one, if you have your guarantee period left.

Alternatively, you could install the Saitek drivers to see if that helps.

Creedence Clearwater Revival:worthy:

The new models is anything above S00245477. Although your numbers are lower than that, i dont think you have an old model since it has a Z in there. I can't really comment on that so it might be a possible old one. The X-52 is self-calibrated. So when you go into properties, move around the stick and all the buttons to see if your slightest movement gets recognized.

As far as I can gather the Z means nothing it's the number that makes the difference. Falcon127 'hopefully' you may have an offset deadzone which means a replacement stick, if still under warranty. Meantime just hope something goes horribly wrong so you can exchange it for a new one. The serials are now in the sz00300000 range now. Mine works great no slop, but the x52 does have a longer throw than most sticks.

Thanks Guys for all the INFO.

I found a DeadBander program from Saitek.

It is an Application., Description: Saitek Self Extracting Archive

File Version: 4.3.3.1115

I can’t remember where I down loaded it from, it was late at night. If I find it I will post. With this info we should be able to get it from Saitek. I think it was the Saitek Forum.

Check out this thread from the Saitek site.

http://www.saitekforum.com/showthread.php?t=6740&highlight=dead+band+x52

I have not tried any suggestions or the dead bander program yet. I will,... time permitting, and post

Thanks Again

Jim

The Saitek is a killer HOTAS system. If you already have one, then except if it has technical diffulties, I'd just put in some time to get the config just they way you want it.

I am sure you will find that it offers more than you need in the end.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-E, 32GB Crucial Ballistix 2400Mhz, Intel i7 9700K 5.0Ghz, Asus GTX1080 8GB, SoundBlaster AE-5, G15, Streamdeck, DSD Flight, TM Warthog, VirPil BRD, MFG Crosswind CAM5, TrackIR 5, KW-908 Jetseat, Win 10 64-bit

”Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.

However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore.”

What is the best stick and throttle for computer flight simulators?

I have a new Saitek X 52 not bad but the X and Y axis are a little sloppy, does not give me the precise control I need.

Any suggestions?

Thrustmaster Hotas Cougar plus RCS are the best! :D

Best Regards

Viper

sigpic3353_7.gif

System: Intel Core i7-4790, 3,6GHz, 16GB RAM, 128GB SSD, 2TB HDD, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 2GB GDDR5,

TM HOTAS Warthog;(MSFFB2 for testing); TrackIR4 +Track Clip Pro; Windows 10 Pro.

Your joystick is a subject for replacement, Falcon127.

Firmware controlling your hallsensors is f...

Just take your X52 to retailer and he has to give you a brand new one.

I have had the same thing with mine.

Now it is very precise!

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

• 4 weeks later...
Guest tjy1984

Saitek x52

I am going nuts with the lock on game and my Saitek x52. I followed the instructions to configure it and the right throttle for plane movement works, but the left throttle (thrust) does not work. I NEED HELP. SAITEK refers me to LOCK ON, LOCK ON refers me to UBISOFT...everybody refers me to the forum. I am very frustrated. I have check the joysticks out when I installed the game and they work appropriately. I have installed the patch thinking that was it...not.

Thanks,

Tom

Also, I really would prefer English language on the game is someone can help with that.

• 5 months later...

I bet what you mean, is that your control stick is working, but your throttle isnt, and I bet if you try it , your Precision Slide operates your throttle, I know this because I just hooked up my X52 and it does that also, all you have to do is set your axis in lomac to operate with the movement of your throttle instead of the precision slide doing it.

Back to the purpose of the thread though.. I also have an X52, and it seems that there is a huge deadband. In the saitek software, no deadband, the smallest movement, and the curser moves. In lockon, however, I have to move it more than half way to get the curser in the calibration to move. I tried messing with the deadband in the game, to no avail. I also feel like I have to trim constantly, and it drives me bonkers. Any Ideas? I'm using 1.02 till my copy of gold gets here.

-John

Was hoping to find a thread like this.

Looks like the X-52 is the best budget-HOTAS choice. It has got to be the ugliest joystick I've ever seen though lol. :D Any good cheaper choices with the throttle right on the joystick e.g. MSSidewinder? I'm on a tight budget.

Just got a new rig and now looking for a new joystick as my MSSidewinderPrecision2 is crippled without its profile software (XP incompatibilty). Can't just load Win98SE on the rig either since the motherboard is a NF4. Been playing with my Precision2 since Warbirds 2.x. It will live on with a cheap A7V133 Barton XP-M rig though, built just for legacy gaming (Win98SE, GeForce4, V5 5500PCI).

Still happy about the forced switch to WinXP - now I can play Lomac in all it's glory. :D

Too bad Microsoft's software isn't (ironicly) WinXP compatible.

DrCR

Dual, Totally Independent WinXP Installs on the Same Hard Drive via Grub (One Starforce free, the other for Lomac)