Can't connect to Master Server

Smoky

Since the other thread got hijacked and then closed before a resolution could be suggested I thought I'd start another thread.

I have two machines. One is my client, the other my server. I've been running the server without issues for months until last week's 1.2.5 patch. Now my server only gets the message "Can't connect to Master". I've reinstalled and tried many of the suggestions on the forums.

My client machine continues to connect just fine.

Did something change about 1.2.5? Is the SU-25 no longer included as a freebie in 1.2.5 requiring that I buy a module license for my multiplayer server? Previously this module was enabled and though it is still available from Instant Action the module is now marked with a "$" symbol.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Eh Smoky... I saw that too- was a bit premature I think on their part just because someone took the thread OT.

Anyway- I have the same issue. Two computers- one runs the Firehouse Server and the other is my client machine.

I recently updated to the latest patch. The server machine is working in the DMZ but I port forwarded 10308 anyway to the proper address.

I went into the network.cfg and noticed it was still set up to the old address that was assigned- so I changed that. I've also deleted the saved game DCS folder (well, renamed it temporarily) but that didn't work either.

Come to think of it, I haven't tried a repair yet so I will do that though I'm running a vanilla install fresh from an update.

Not sure why I would have the same problem on both computers...

One POSSIBLE issue is I've recently moved and am using a new router- same kind of router, but a different one. Wondering if that might have something to do with it?

Anyway- Hopefully someone can shed some light on this sooner than later.

Quick update- ran a repair... no joy.

"ENO"

Type in anger and you will make the greatest post you will ever regret.

"Sweetest's" Military Aviation Art

My problem continues. Nothing has changed on my router before or after the 1.2.5 patch. The only thing that changed on my system during the time when my server began reporting the can't connect to master error is the 1.2.5 patch. I didn't even install any windows updates. The only thing installed on this server machine is DCS World and Windows.

Stumped.

Which "many solutions from the forums" have you tried?

Deleted saved games dcs folder (well- renamed it)?

One guy posted his network config file I think it was and it exposed an issue that c0ff fixed in one sentence.

I'm going to wait till I get a real keyboard before I type more.

"ENO"

I reinstalled, repatched, repaired, deleted all dcs folders, rebooted many times, tried logging in using my client login on my server machine, made sure someone didnt change my router settings (actually not possible as I am the only one who knows the admin pw).. And so on.

I know one guy had a head scratcher like that and it turned out his ISP was blocking the port on its end.

Any chance you could talk with them to verify?

I also know that my software firewall / AV asked again for confirmation because the program changed... possible?

"ENO"