DCS:BS1 - Throttle binding impossible to Collective

Fri13

Hi, I have now taken in use my G940 HOTAS and last one was Saitek X45, I bought G940 second hand for 49€ (in condition of new) and I have been very happy with it on DCS:World (STEAM) and casual games (ARMA II/III etc) but I have huge problem with DCS:BS1 (STEAM).

Problem is, Throttle axis are counted as Joy_X and Joy_Y. Of course when I bind throttle row, it does not accept input from Joystick or pedals but only from throttle. But game still reads throttle input from separate devices but place them as same output. Meaning that when I move throttle, my collective X and Y axis are changed in game but not the collective itself at all.

Left throttle is binded as X and right throttle as Y, even that I binded them separately, the right throttle as collective and leaved left throttle unbinded (as I want to keep them combined).

I can not fly in Game or Real modes as I can not control collective. Helicopter slowly descent (about 1 meter per second).

In DCS:World, I don't have problem as Su-25 does read both inputs correctly and it even shows both engine throttles moving when moving them separately but in DCS:BS1 collective isn't moved any way.

I have now spent two days around these forums searching help, reseting profiles (not possible as every directory what is told does not exist, I can find my exported profiles and clear them without help) or re-installing joystick, playing around with windows calibration etc. And I don't use Logitech profiler at all.

ps. Does anyone know is there success to read input of throttle mode switch without Logitech profiler?

pps. I have tried and searched way to get SimFFB work with DCS:BS1 trimmer but I only have game own, no matter what I can not get SimFFB to override DCS:BS1 FFB (32bit and 64bit used)

System: Windows 8 (64Bit)

latest Logitech drivers/firmware (earlier owner upgraded firmware what is impossible to downgrade)

Logitech profiler disabled

All games from STEAM and updated.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Hi, I have now taken in use my G940 HOTAS and last one was Saitek X45, I bought G940 second hand for 49€ (in condition of new) and I have been very happy with it on DCS:World (STEAM) and casual games (ARMA II/III etc) but I have huge problem with DCS:BS1 (STEAM).

Problem is, Throttle axis are counted as Joy_X and Joy_Y. Of course when I bind throttle row, it does not accept input from Joystick or pedals but only from throttle. But game still reads throttle input from separate devices but place them as same output. Meaning that when I move throttle, my collective X and Y axis are changed in game but not the collective itself at all.

Left throttle is binded as X and right throttle as Y, even that I binded them separately, the right throttle as collective and leaved left throttle unbinded (as I want to keep them combined).

I can not fly in Game or Real modes as I can not control collective. Helicopter slowly descent (about 1 meter per second).

In DCS:World, I don't have problem as Su-25 does read both inputs correctly and it even shows both engine throttles moving when moving them separately but in DCS:BS1 collective isn't moved any way.

I have now spent two days around these forums searching help, reseting profiles (not possible as every directory what is told does not exist, I can find my exported profiles and clear them without help) or re-installing joystick, playing around with windows calibration etc. And I don't use Logitech profiler at all.

ps. Does anyone know is there success to read input of throttle mode switch without Logitech profiler?

pps. I have tried and searched way to get SimFFB work with DCS:BS1 trimmer but I only have game own, no matter what I can not get SimFFB to override DCS:BS1 FFB (32bit and 64bit used)

System: Windows 8 (64Bit)

latest Logitech drivers/firmware (earlier owner upgraded firmware what is impossible to downgrade)

Logitech profiler disabled

All games from STEAM and updated.

I am not sure if I understood you completely. Could you post a screen shot of the relevant settings?

• 1 month later...

Sorry for late respond.

I started by clearing all bindings from BS1 and then binded how I wanted all needed.

Problems were very very strange, as bindings did jump in config files depending reboots or game launches and it was impossible to use when one time example "Release Weapons" button was removed or moved to throttle. Axis were binded together that both throttle axis were same as stick axis etc.

Finally I made thing that I deleted whole Windows, as uninstalling/re-installing drivers or using Windows own didn't help and neither did BS1 re-installation. It solved the problem at once so I assume it was something to do with DirectX-Drivers.

I have since then bought BS2 and now I fly on it, without problems than once it happened that half of the bindings were disabled in flight but they were correctly binded in settings and it didn't occur after that.

Is there a reason to keep in settings enabled feature to sync HOTAS before launching a game?

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.