Help please... Controller issues

OK downloaded the MI-8 and all seemed OK but my first flight ended tragically! All of my controls are centered and collective bottomed out, but the darn thing jumped straight up and on it's head by itself. This has happened every time I have tried to fly it and this last time I was able to get it into the air but it is all over the place...

And I can't get it to descend at all... (I had set the controllers up before I started and they appear OK but clearly not)

Any ideas? ( I used the auto updater to update World first and then bought the MI-8 and installed it. )

I can fly the Huey and the flight dynamics have changed somewhat.. Biggest change I saw in the 60 seconds or so that I flew the Huey is that it takes a LOT more collective than it has in the past bu the controls are fine on that one..

??

"Pride is a poor substitute for intelligence."

RAMBO

Did you possibly forget to check the 'invert' box for the collective?

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

OK figured it out.. No idea why, but clearing all axis maps and remapping them fixed the issue.. So if in doubt... Clear them all and remap..

And this Beast flies a WHOLE LOT DIFFERENT than the Shark or the Huey... (Of course since I can't read Russian and the English cockpit isn't ready yet, I don't even know if the stabilization channels are on or not.. Or where to even Look! LOL

Regardless, having fun already and hats off to Belsimtek on another Kick-Ass module...

Edited by outlawal2
Can't spell

RAMBO

I don't even know if the stabilization channels are on or not.. Or where to even Look! LOL

Page 27 (PDF reader 29) in the Quick Start

pitcch-rollstab_zps7cb0b9ce.jpg

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Thank you for that! I usually check the documentation before doing anything, but I didn't think there was any documentation in English... (Maybe the user manual is not ready in English?) Anyway, I missed the part about the QUICKSTART being in english.. Will check that guy out once I get home from work.. (I'll bet the Beast is a bit easier to fly with the stability channels enabled...)

Thank you sir!

EDITED: I tried to send rep but it says I have to spread it around more.. So apparently I repped you a while back... ;O)

Edited by outlawal2
Cuz I want to...

RAMBO

OK I am back again... I have zero documentation with this module.. Did search of my entire machine and found the other module docs, but nothing for the MI-8...

Any suggestions on how I might obtain the quickstart docs?

RAMBO

I just wanted to chime in with the OP and say that I had the same problem on start up.

Checking my axis assignments I found that my toe brakes on my Saitek rudder pedals had also been assigned to pitch and roll making for some <cough> 'interesting' pickups.

Thanks to rCTRL+ENTER!

Clearing the axis assignments for my rudder pedals resolved the issue for me.

• 2 weeks later...

Really a challenge to try and get this bird to fly, even with the Auto Pilot aug turned on. Just cannot seem to get this aircraft stabilised enough to even attempt level flight. The few times i have,it desended both literately and figuratively into juddering pile of wreckage lol.

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, AJS-37 Viggen , AV-8B Night Attack V/STOL , F-5E Tiger , L-39 Albatros.

Good idea to scan the entire list of commands for others that have also been assigned incorrectly to the pedal-brake axis. There are probably a few more. Delete them too.

Really, with the basic AP channels active, Roll-Pitch, and Heading, when appropriate, it should not be hard to achieve stable flight. Almost sounds like you might be pulling the power setting down a bit too much for maintaining flight.

It's not only DCS frankly - it's a pet hate of mine that everything out there seems to think that assigning all of my 14 axes to every control under the sun is doing me a favour somehow. The worst is the console ports where you can do nothing about it, and have to perch with your feet on the brake pedals, holding them perfectly in the middle of their range while attempting to navigate the menu!

DCS has a nasty habit of assigning control axes to EVERY device you have, such as pitch and roll to rudder left and right x and y axes.

When I first attempted a runway take-off with The P-51 The Rudder was assigned to my throttle:doh: The Mustang is hard enough to fly without that kind of help:D

Patrick

mini.gif