strange Flight model behaviour

Jeesus

Hey Guys!

Once again because I think I've posted in the wrong section...

I recently faced with a weird flight model problem regarding to the Su-25 models mainly (haven't tested with the Warthog yet). I'm just wondering if it is a controller problem or DCS problem.

So I ve noticed that there is a strange, let's call it "teeter" effect on the pitch of the Su25 and Su25T so you pull the jostick back to climb when you reach the appropriate angle you put it back to neutral and than the angle should stick. But instead the plane very significantly nodding back to a much lower angle.

I have tried with a number of different speeds trim settings, first I suspected this is due to weapon load (however it shouldn't be) but I've tried without weapons and the issue is the same.

Any ideas? If you request video for it I will try to make one...

Cheers

TrailBlazer

Without a video, this is just a wild guess, but this would be my theory:

It is likely that your speed has not remained constant during the manoeuvre, and you have in fact slowed down to some degree.

At lower airspeeds most aircraft will exhibit a tendency to pitch nose down, which may explain why the aircraft doesn't stay pointing where you left it.

EDIT: Another possibility is that you are still at a high Angle of Attack (AoA) when you release the stick, and in the absence of elevator input the aircraft snaps back to pointing at its velocity vector. The Su-25 tends to require higher AoA during turns than the other flyable aircraft. This might be the case if the pitch up manoeuvre is performed aggressively - check your AoA indicator in the cockpit.

Edited by B25Mitch