Milestone

Speed?

T-Bone

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus G72GX | CPU: Core 2 Duo Overclocked @ 2.9Ghz | Memory 6GB DDR2 | Graphics Card: nVidia GTX 260m 1GB | OS: Windows 7 Home Premium | Monitor: Samsung 32" LCD

LOMAC 1.0 to FC 1.12 System RIP (2003-2010) | AMD Athlon 64 3000+ overclocked to 2565MHz | NVidia Geforce 7800 GS AGP 256 MB | 1GB Kingston PC2700 DDR DRAM | Windows 2000 with SP4

Guest EVIL-SCOTSMAN

your diving, and havent yet ripped the thing apart ?

apart from that, I dunno as its too early in the morning for me to start thinking.

Fly the f15 ? :p

Which brings up the question:

Will the F-15 be worth flying after this patch?

Will the F-15 even have a radar or has it been modified with a door on the instrument panel to microwave sandwitches?

Will the slammer be essentially an unguided rocket with no ability to hit even a Bear Bomber at Rmaneuver?

:confused: :( :mad:

Will the slammer be essentially an unguided rocket with no ability to hit even a Bear Bomber at Rmaneuver?

Yeah it's quite good as an "unguided" rocket.

Recently most popular tactic on Hyperlobby is to fill up your aircraft with 8 Slammers and spam 3-4 of them on the general direction of the targets(lock?what's that?) while being OUT of range.They get around %70 kill ratio with this.Because the target can do nothing about this.You get a warning for two seconds and bam.

Don't forget that Slammer is such a "stubborn" missile even now in game,what more do you want?You can get kills even without lock and "supporting" missile.Yes,it can be done but it's not realistic.Any Falcon squadron use this tactic? :)

. . . and yes I'm pissed.

Guest EVIL-SCOTSMAN

so goya, are ya ever gonna tell us what this "milestone" is ?

master warning is cuz he gojng to hit deck fast and he getting warning to pull up i think, also his burners look to be on, as its just over the 100, so to me i think his burners b on, even tho i dont fly the sleazy easy 15.

I've noticed that 120s tend to do better without a lock than with one. I very much doubt it's realistic, but a 15 pilot, as any pilot, will use what gives the best results. I'm not so sure about "out of range" though. How would you know they are fired from out of range?

And I first noticed the tactic from MiG pilots.

Recently most popular tactic on Hyperlobby is to fill up your aircraft with 8 Slammers and spam 3-4 of them on the general direction of the targets(lock?what's that?) while being OUT of range.They get around %70 kill ratio with this.Because the target can do nothing about this.You get a warning for two seconds and bam.

Don't forget that Slammer is such a "stubborn" missile even now in game,what more do you want?You can get kills even without lock and "supporting" missile.Yes,it can be done but it's not realistic.Any Falcon squadron use this tactic? :)

I honestly don't get why people complain about the lethality of AMRAAM. First of all, WHAT lethality? It's PK online is 30% tops, less than half its combat PK in real life.

And you Russian pilots do realize that in LOMAC the R-77 is the superior missile right? Han or someone stated explicitly that the AMRAAM has a better seeker, but this is NOT modelled in the game. The R-77 basically has all its advantages over the AMRAAM included (such as range) without the deficit of a worse seeker.

And if you expect to be on even ground in a Su-27 with R-27ERs against an AMRAAM, you're sadly mistaken.

sigzk5.jpg

I don't complain about the lethality of the missile.I am complaing about the "unrealistic abuse" of it's abilities in the game.I know AMRAAM is a capable missile,and it's represented in the game.

Read my post again ;)

. . . and what aspects it can be "better" equipped with a seeker in the game?Lock from 70 kilometers?Maddoging from 123912 kms and it's active off the rail?Or would you like a 100% pk?And a vodka too?

I'm the one who doesn't get those AMRAAM whiners.

I don't complain about the lethality of the missile.I am complaing about the "unrealistic abuse" of it's abilities in the game.I know AMRAAM is a capable missile,and it's represented in the game.

Read my post again ;)

. . . and what aspects it can be "better" equipped with a seeker in the game?Lock from 70 kilometers?Maddoging from 123912 kms and it's active off the rail?Or would you like a 100% pk?And a vodka too?

I'm the one who doesn't get those AMRAAM whiners.

I'm not whining, just stating the facts. And in terms of ECCM and chaff rejection, it is widely believed that the seeker performance of the AMRAAM is better than the R-77. As it is in LOMAC, they're the same.

And there's no such thing as "unrealistic abuse." How do you know spamming is not a valid tactic in some scenarios?

sigzk5.jpg

Humm...I’m not sure we are playing the same game! Mad dogging a 120 is all but useless unless the missile can start tracking you as soon as it leaves the rail. Just if by some chance its seeker picks you up in a BVR fight and you are engaging in a disciplined manner, beating this by now low energy missile should be easy. You should be able to spoof it easily.

I have found that beating a 120 and a 77 are very easy these days. A 120 is even easier since its has a lot less energy which was reduced recently. I have changed my typical payload is a direct result. I now carry 4-5 aim-120s, 2-3 aim-7s with a aim-9 or 2 thrown in at times. I can truly say that when I launch a 120 under any situation, I have very little confidence it’s going to hit. With a semi-active it’s a totally different story. I have afar-greater POK percentage with the sparrows. And, Its not a weapons envelope issue either. It’s a missile performance issue.

I for one am looking forward to when the missiles get reworked. I’m hoping they break the missiles down as independent systems that need to work together to achieve the task at hand.

It's really not a big deal. I read a post on a forum saying that the 15 couldn't reach 1000 knots indicated. SimHQ forum, I think. I wasn't even trying to do it until I noticed I was at around 900kias and had plenty of altitude to work with. I'm sure it could be bettered if max kias was someone's goal.

Jihad!!! Ak-47!!! Semtex!!! :horseback

Or you could just start another 120 vs r77 thread , which will end with a lock after 6 pages...

Back on topic

Was it really that hard to reach 1000ktias? Did you have to start a AB-less dive from like 35000ft or did you just use some burners? (I haven't tried it yet, so can't comment on the difficulty)

Creedence Clearwater Revival:worthy:

No, it was a breeze. Like I said, I almost got there without even realizing it. I was winchester and RTB, full burn, and started descending to land and noticed my indicated speed was around 900kias. Of course, Betty was pitching a bitch and I had the opposite aileron effect bigtime.

I for one am looking forward to when the missiles get reworked....

For the better or worse? Current direction seems to point to the latter.

A very interesting thread with a lot of interesting information. Thanks Eagle and D-Scythe. I've found the same thing that the Slammer is about as effective as a fart in a hurricaine. That plus the fact that the Sparrow is a better missile makes me think that the reality modeled in LOMAC is a reality enhanced with :icon_jook . I still enjoy the sim and hope these shortcomings - including the R-77 ineffectiveness can be addressed to fit reality.

Goya, I apologise for derailing your thread slightly. :redface:

Missiles will be modelled for the better and the WAFM comes ... all weapons, in fact.

That's good to hear, although I've been told conflicting information regarding this - I"m hoping you're correct, although you would be in the know since you're betatesting this & 1.2 hopefully :D .

At any rate, I've been quite disappointed in the LOMAC version of reality vs the real F-15 and its capabilities with regard to radar and weps. Surely they can't believe that "balanced play" is a good thing. It negates real-world tactics and weapons employment doctrine, which is the real test of any GOOD combat flight sim. Do the real world tactics and weapons employment methods work in the sim?

I enjoy portions of the flight models for all aircraft but would like the AFM for all aircraft & weapons - so long as they conform to what's real and verifiable.