collective question

doebro2010

I would like to start with the K50 and have a question about the settings

I have the logitech G940 with stick and the throttle.

Now I understand in the helicopter there is a collective.

1-Do I have to appoint the collector and where in the controll setting

2-Do I have to delete the throttle appoint

I would like to start with the K50 and have a question about the settings

I have the logitech G940 with stick and the throttle.

Now I understand in the helicopter there is a collective.

1-Do I have to appoint the collector and where in the controll setting

2-Do I have to delete the throttle appoint

See attached screen shot ... does that help you? :o)

1016270131_G940forBS2.thumb.gif.a28c211009577de30334d21e4821cbc4.gif

Personally, I wouldn't worry too much about the in-game throttle.

Just set the throttle on your stick as the collective.

I have never done any throttle adjustments (in-game) and I've played through the whole first campaign.

CPU: Intel Core i5 4590 3.3GHz, RAM: 32GB HyperX Fury 1600MHz DDR3, GFX: EVGA GTX 1080, OS: Windows 7 Home Premium SP1, Joy: TM Warthog, Peds: CH Pro Pedals, TrackIR3, VR: Vive

You can pretty much forget about throttle in a helicopter. For occasional adjustments just use they default keyboard assignment. I usually set mine one notch down from maximum and leave it there. This helps avoid an over-stress condition during hard maneuvering that can cause equipment failure. As someone else points out, you can assign the throttle control on your stick to collective. Mastering effective use of the collective is tricky. There is a tendency for newcomers to helicopter flight to forget about the collective and over-rely on the cyclic for making altitude and directional changes (as if flying a fixed wing aircraft) whereas the collective is crucial during such maneuvers to making precise adjustments and exploiting the 3D capabilities of the unit.

I7-2600K@4322 MHz / Asus P8Z77 Deluxe

EVGA GeForce1080 SC Video

Samsung EVO 850 SSD / Dell U2711 monitor@2560X1440

Saitek X55 "Rhino" / Logitech G510

Win 10 Pro 64 bit

Thank you guys but I still have problems with the settings

it is to difficult for me

1-on one hand I have settled my P51 but if I use the same settings then they do not work

2-If I look to the sample then I find no absolute horizontal slew etc

3-I see no collective only collective up and down which I cannot assign

So perhaps I have to go back to the classroom

collective up/collective down are under "keys"...look under "axis commands" for the "flight control collective"

like the previous post already said...in a helicopter, this is what you use instead of the throttle...and the throttle (on the back left wall) is basically a "set it and forget it" type control...

It only takes two things to fly, Airspeed and Money.

At the risk of engaging in egg sucking 101 here, you have selected Ka-50 from the controls drop-down list right?

I only ask as it is very odd that there is no collective control.

Could you post a screen-shot?

CPU: Intel Core i5 4590 3.3GHz, RAM: 32GB HyperX Fury 1600MHz DDR3, GFX: EVGA GTX 1080, OS: Windows 7 Home Premium SP1, Joy: TM Warthog, Peds: CH Pro Pedals, TrackIR3, VR: Vive

Ok thanks

I do remember that last year when I started with downloading DCS for the first time something happened in the key area.

so probebly some key aspects are gone.

I did this morning an uninstall and a new install again.

But everything came back including the settings so the collective is still gone as some other lines.

How can I go to default settings?

The only way I see piece by piece but if a line is gone then I cannot get it.

So probebly there must be a way to have the whole Original default back

Any solution is welcome

Duke

delete/re install didnt work...that means your user/savedgames/DCS/config/input is probally overwriting the game....you can delete this folder or the ones in it to make the game rebuild it on next start up.....in the input file you can find the airframe you wish to reset and delete just that folder.....should be Ka-50 sim....correction Ka-50....not the Ka-50 easy file

you can also edit these lua files with notepad++...make sure to not use notepad....very necessary to use notepad++ when editing DCS files in LUA form

Edited by Davis0079

Thank you, I deleted the files and filled in as exemple and now it is fine

except the HAT that one works only jump up/down/left/right but not gradually.

according the exemple with HAT shkval horizontal etc doesnot work

at all

any idea?

for the rest it works and I am gratefull with all the advices

duke

i dont know about the hat as axis'....I use the button mapping for my hats, not the "axis" category like the pic by Flagrum

look under the category of "cyclic" or "collective" for the button avalible on the stick and collective....the shkval slew is on the collective I believe

Edited by Davis0079

Thank you, I deleted the files and filled in as exemple and now it is fine

except the HAT that one works only jump up/down/left/right but not gradually.

according the exemple with HAT shkval horizontal etc doesnot work

at all

any idea?

for the rest it works and I am gratefull with all the advices

duke

Were you able to assign both axis as I did in my screen shot? Then, for each assignment, mark the appropriate entry and click "Axis Tune". There you should see a small black box moving when you use the respective POV hat axis.

As the POV hat is quite sensitive and the default slew speed of the Shkval is quite fast, it is not easy to use it gradually and precisely. But it actually should be possible.

But you can adjust for that with that Axis Tune function. To do so, change the curves or saturation to your liking. I set up both axis with a "Saturation Y" of "50" which limits the maximum deflection of the hat the game will see to 1/2 (i.e. reduces Shkval slew speed by 50%).

Edited by Flagrum

the lower one on the stick called in fsx DPED I assigned

up/down/left/right and it works but not gradually it jumps

The upper one above this dped I assigned horizontal and vertical slew

but this one doesnot do anything

The upper one has two analogue axis and thus can be used to move the Shkval at different speeds ("gradually"). The lower one is a digital 8 directions hat - you can use that only to control the Shkval in a on/off fashion, i.e. "move left on" / "move left off", etc.

If the upper hat does not work for you like that, then you should probably first double check that you assigned its axes in the correct control profile ("Ka-50 Sim" vs. "Ka-50 Game"). If there everything is correct (i.e. similar to my screen shot earlier), check if the upper hat works at all or if it is broken. See if you can see any movement of the axes when you go to your Windows control panel, "Devices and Printers" (or so) and right click on your G940 Joystick and select the first entry of the context menu (something like "Game controller settings"). Click "Properties". You should get a window where you can see what buttons are pressed and what axes are deflected. When you move the upper hat, you should see movement there.

Or, alternatively and perhaps easier: in DCS, Options->Controls, click on the axis assignment of one of the hat axes and click "axis tune" at the bottom. There you should see a small black cursor moving when you use the appropriate axis on the upper hat.

I went to the G940 etc and the upper hat works

back to the dcs options I filled in sim and game of the k50.

horizontal 2 and vertical 1

I could change the saturation to 50 and ok

in sim the hat doesnot do anything

only the one below as you said up/down/left/right in jumping way

I went to the G940 etc and the upper hat works

back to the dcs options I filled in sim and game of the k50.

horizontal 2 and vertical 1

I could change the saturation to 50 and ok

in sim the hat doesnot do anything

only the one below as you said up/down/left/right in jumping way

Ok, I am running slowly out of ideas ...

When you set up the saturation to 50, could you seen in that window the black cursor moving when you used the hat (i.e. does the hat work in the "axis tune" window but not inside the helo, or does it not work at all anywhere in DCS?)

We are one step further

the hat works in the tuning when I change the saturation

but not in the game or sim nor in the P51

so SHK etc dont work

Then I tried absolute camera

view and also absolute horizontal shift etc.

They works although the view is not what I meant

But maybe it gives you a certain way of thinking why SHK doesnot work

We are one step further

the hat works in the tuning when I change the saturation

but not in the game or sim nor in the P51

so SHK etc dont work

Then I tried absolute camera

view and also absolute horizontal shift etc.

They works although the view is not what I meant

But maybe it gives you a certain way of thinking why SHK doesnot work

Can you confirm that only one axis of one controller (i.e. your joystick) is assigned to either Shkval axis? There must be only one entry for each row ("Absolute Shkval Vertical Slew" / "Absolute Shkval Horiz. Slew"). Make sure you check all controllers (there is a scroll bar at the bottom of the window).

Is there in the keys perhaps a toggle on and off for these one?

No, as soon as the Shkval is activated (key "O", I think), it should work. And the Shkval is activated, as you are actually able to use it ... with the other hat, right?

To be honest, at the moment, I have no further ideas ...

there is a little misunderstanding from my site.

I thought I will see with the hat, that the horizon could be modified

So I didnot see any movement

Now it turns out that I can see the small display and move that one with the hat

So the hat is working and I am happy with it, although I still have the problem that I can not gradually move the DPED .

Thank you very much for helping me out so far and I have learned a lot due to this thread

see you in the future in game I hope

Duke

there is a little misunderstanding from my site.

Now it turns out that I can see the small display and move that one with the hat

So the hat is working and I am happy with it, although I still have the problem that I can not gradually move the DPED .

Thank you very much for helping me out so far and I have learned a lot due to this thread

see you in the future in game I hope

Duke

Uhm ... hehe, well, I am glad you were able to sort it out.

One final advise: search YouTube for tutorials (just look for "DCS Ka-50") and watch them. And then watch them again. :o) Even I like to watch them (and tutorials for other DCS modules) every once in a while. There seems to be always be something new to learn in it - no matter how often you have seen them. A good starting point might be the channel of DCS/Wags: http://www.youtube.com/user/wagmatt

Edited by Flagrum

"there is a little misunderstanding from my site.

Now it turns out that I can see the small display and move that one with the hat"

no need to look around with the hat switch anymore in the flight sim world....plz consider one of the most important pieces of fly sim equipment you could ever buy

<<<<<watch for more info