JTAC reporting my services are not required.

jeproject

So I felt I've had enough flying around steerpoints with nothing there and firing on unarmed trucks and decided try a quick mission with armoured blue and red set to lowest occurances and everything else on nil.

I could quite clearly see my friendly AI artilery firing at the enemy and the enemy AA was firing at me but the JTAC said he had no targets for me.

Is this a regular occurance? Am I supposed to rely mainly on my TGP? It seems a bit of a nightmare aquiring targets with no JTAC giving me info.

Radio was working, I was in contact. He just didn't want to play with me.

Ah right so not so randomly "generated" mission then! That's a shame because there's no real way to have JTACs in the mission and yet be suprised about where stuff is. I expect too much I guess!

Thanks I will read thru the pdf as soon as I have finished typing this.

The JTAC usually gives you tasks within the general area where he is located at that moment. I.e. where he himself knows the enemy positions, or better, actually can see (line of sight!) the enemy. For the mission creator it is possible to enable the JTAC to make him give out tasks where he can't actually see the target ("type 2" and "type 3" tasks), but the usual situation is, the JTAC cares just about what he has in front of his nose. Which makes sense, I guess, and if only because of the typical "danger close" nature of the situations.

PS: hey, you fixed your strange browser bug! :thumbup:

Well I think more experimentation is required on my part.

I think my biggest problemd are I'm usually too high to make good use of the TGP and I'm not quick enough at using the TAD display to differentiate FOF. Relying on a JTAC to try and overcome these short comings is probaly not the way to go atm anyway.

What strange browser bug are you refering to? I think I missed something.

Edited by jeproject