Where are training missions???

Rhinox

Being long-time fighter pilot, I decided to try T-frog. Because I have very little (read: none) experience with it, I wanted to start from beginning: with training-missions.

First surprise came when I clicked on "training": some ~330MB "update" has been downloaded. But things got worse when I tried to run the first training-mission: there are actually none! All that's there are just some ugly, low-res, pre-recorded videos! The voice says "you can take over control at any time using Esc key" but by that I only stop video-playing.

So where the hell are true training-missions, those we had since LOMAC-1.x up to LOFC-2.x?

Most of the Flaming Cliffs level aircraft just have the pre-recorded training videos as you've described (they will eventually be redone, I believe). However, the Su-25T now has interactive training missions. I know because I've flown them recently. Do you have the latest version of DCS World?

Actually I started first with Su-25T and it says (at the beginning) I have to learn first Su-25 (non-T). So I stopped it and went to 25-training. This has just non-interactive pre-recorded videos.

And what is even worse, those videos are of very bad quality, low resoultion and have cripped voice. I can barely learn something from it...

If you search on Youtube, there are several training missions, with much better resolution.

i5 4670 - Sabertooth Z87- GTX Titan - Dell U3011 30" - 2x8GB RAM 1800 - Samsung 840 EVO 512GB SSD - Warthog HOTAS - CH Pro pedals - TrackIR5 - Win7 64bit

EVERYTHING IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE :thumbup:

Actually I started first with Su-25T and it says (at the beginning) I have to learn first Su-25 (non-T)
Well, you don't absolutely have to. It's just recommended. But if you're familiar with the basic principles of flight you could skip the Su-25 and be ok. The Su-25T tutorials thoroughly go into navigation and weapons delivery.

• 7 months later...

Advance / Rewind Tutorial Instructions?

The Su-25T tutorials thoroughly go into navigation and weapons delivery.

Is there a key to skip ahead through the tutorials?

Sometimes I seem to miss a trigger, and the tutorial gets stuck. Other times I'm repeating a tutorial and I'm annoyed that I have to sit through long lectures I've already memorized.

I haven't looked very hard, but it would be nice if the same missions used in the tutorials were available sans instructor.