Registry fix

JB3DG

Hi guys

I recently had to backup and reformat my harddrive. My DCS install was backed up along with it and once I restored things it still runs but I cannot get the auto updater to work. Neither can i install new modules. I am guessing that this is due to things missing in my registry, making it appear that the program is not installed. Is there a way I can get the registry fixed or are there files I should have somewhere so that I can get things working again without having to redownload the latest 1.2.6 version and reinstall? I would like to avoid it if I could because my internet is not the best and it will take several days to download it again.

Thanks

JB

Try Repair DCS World

This was a Boutique Builder iBuypower rig. Until I got the tinker bug again i7 920 @3.6Mhz 12Gig Corsair XMS3 ram 1600 Nvidia 760 SLi w/4Gig DDR5 Ram Intel 310 SSD HDD 160 Gb + Western Digital 4Terabyte HDD Creative SB X-Fi HD Audio Logitech X-530 5.1 Surround Speaker System Dual Acer 32"Monitors. PSU 1200 w Thermaltake Win10 64Bit.

I would like to avoid it if I could because my internet is not the best and it will take several days to download it again.

Without a backup of the relevant registry keys, I suspect that you are out of luck.

I would recommend making a backup of the install files, next time you download them.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup: