Question About Launch Permission Overide

Jimbolya

for the vickrs in the Ka-50 the laser has to be on first...then you lock a target....if you lockthe target first then turn on the laser, it doent know you are trying to fire...its waiting for you to lock a target before it will "range" it....

...leaving the laser off works for the su-25....but try it one time by turning the laser on, then locking a target, then firing......not lock target, laser on, fire....

once again...I dont fly the FC planes...but the Ka-50 works like that...laser on, lock target, fire vickrs....if you lock the target first, then turn on the laser, it wont fire because you didnt actually "Laze" anything yet...you only locked a target with the shkval.....

It only takes two things to fly, Airspeed and Money.

As for using the launch override, I've been able to get extended range with the larger missiles by launching with the override. By the time the weapon is getting close, I've gotten within range for the laser to lock and give the weapon its final destination then boom. Sometimes if I've been using the laser manually then switching it off and on again helps get a lock on the target. That was some time ago though and not with current 1.2.6 version so not sure if that is still valid.

Hawk_5

Modules:

A10C, BS2, FC3, P51, CA, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2

System:

Gigabyte GA-X79UP4 MB, intel 3930k, Coolermaster Siedon 120M liquid cooled, Corsair Vengence Red 16GB 2133Mhz, Gigabyte Geforce GTX680 2GB Super o'clk, intel 520 SSD 240GB,

Seagate Barracuda 2TB HD, Coolermaster Silent Pro 800W PS, Coolermaster CM690 II Case

Did the rules for Vikhr employment change with 1.2.7? I've always turned on the laser manually for Vikhr, with no problems.

Never needed launch override either, except for night missions where I forgot to equip the LLTV pod.

Callsign "Auger". It could mean to predict the future or a tool for boring large holes.

I combine the two by predictably boring large holes in the ground with my plane.