Multiple Monitors and Mouse Issue

Hey All,

Has anyone run into any mouse issues when having DCS A-10C displayed across three monitors? I've been running the sim successfully on one monitor without any issue. If I switch to three monitors (and change the resolution accordingly), I can get into the sim, but mouse clicks don't register. I can't even quit out of the sim; I have to CTRL-ALT-DLT in order to get out of the sim. At that point, I'll be returned to the menu screen. If, without exiting the sim, I then change back to 1 monitor and again try free flight, the mouse clicks register. The only differences between the two scenarios are the options for three monitors and the total resolution. Any help would be appreciated, and accept my thanks in advance.

Try: ALT+TAB to the Desktop then bring it back up.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Hey SkateZilla, I tried your suggestion, to no avail. It's definitely reproducible, though. If I'm playing across three screens, mouse clicks don't register, whereas the mouse is fine playing on on one screen. ALT+Tab brings up whatever programs are running on the desktop, but the sim is still in the background. In other words, the sim doesn't minimize.

that's odd, when I run 3 screens, that usually solves my mouse problems with not registering clicks.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

One more thing SkateZilla, when you hit ALT+TAB, does your DCS minimize, or is it still visible in the background? My running programs are brought to the forefront, but I can still see the view from the A-10C cockpit, almost as if it were wallpaper on my monitors, but still reactive to my TrackIR.

Ah, maybe this is why I was unable to click on Fly!

Mind you, pressing the Pause button didn't work either and I couldn't even ctrl-alt-del to the Task Manager as it flashed it up and then went straight back to DCS World. I was using SoftTH and had it spread over both my monitors but the GUI was contained on the first monitor.

On the second try, I managed to start it with Pause but then when I pressed Esc, I couldn't click on the Menu (Quit, etc) and had to kill it (this time I was able to get to Task Manager).

After disabling SoftTH and running on only one monitor, the buttons all worked normally. I wasn't using any mods other than SoftTH as I've just updated to 1.2.7.

Main rig: i5-4670k @4.4Ghz, Asus Z97-A, Scythe Kotetsu HSF, 32GB Kingston Savage 2400Mhz DDR3, 1070ti, Win 10 x64, Samsung Evo 256GB SSD (OS & Data), OCZ 480GB SSD (Games), WD 2TB and WD 3TB HDDs, 1920x1200 Dell U2412M, 1920x1080 Dell P2314T touchscreen

• 3 weeks later...

Edit: sorry, didn't realize this was a month old.

I've had this on and off between versions of DCS...

With SoftTH, if the game loaded and went to full screen, it worked properly. If, when loading, it sort of flashed a minimized splash screen within a smaller window and then shifted to the lower right of myscreen, I had the click problem referred to in this post.

Some versions the problem didn't exist. Other versions I couldn't get around it and just accepted that I would not be able to click the cockpit.

For 1.2.7 I had to open an MP3 in VLC, start trackir, flash my head piece to trackir (but not leave it in view of the sensor) then start the multiplayer client and click it's icon on the taskbar twice. If I didn't follow this routine, the game would load as if it was behind an invisible window. I could see the cockpit, but not click it. It was mere luck that I realized I had an MP3 going and my head piece off when it suddenly worked one day. The two clicks may have been nothing more than a sacrificial offering to the DCS gods, but it worked nonetheless.

Now that we have 1.2.7 update 1, all I had to do was uncheck "fullscreen" in the game's options and it works. (Yes, I tried this before resorting to voodoo in the previous version.)

I don't know what they change between versions (my setup doesn't chang between versions) but in my experience this problem shifts with each patch.

Edited by Darkphox

EVGA X-58 SLI3 w/ I7 920@ 4.2ghz | Corsair 1000HX | 180gb Intel SSD330 | 12gb OCZ @ 1600mhz | R9 290 3120x1200 (1920 + MFCDs on 2x lilliput UM-80s)

Bits: TM Warthog, TM OSBs, Saitek rudder pedals, Logitech G-15 & G-13, Mionix Naos 5k, TrackIR5 w/ proclip, Corsair HS1A