[Beginner] Fire at point x sec after event

millmax

Hi!

I am pretty new to mission designing, but I have set up the following scenario:

A tourist bus has been held back at a roadblock, insulgents are threatening to kill the passengers if certain demands are not met. You and a wingman are assigned to assess the situation, and if possible take out any threats to the bus.

See attached trigger.

What I have tried to manage, (but not completely succeeded in) is this:

* The units must not panic-flee after first bomb impact. (success, but not sure if I've solved it the correct way)

* After attacking any Red coalition forces the tank and the BMP group will open fire at the bus after 15 seconds. I've tried a lot of solutions for this, see the attached miz file.

* After all enemy forces are destroyed the bus can move forward a bit, and an enemy Hind appear (think I might manage)

* If the bus is destroyed the mission is a failure.

So you better learn to love those GBU38's and set some markpoints.

I would appreciate any help in this mission!

trouble.miz

Screen_140121_223305.thumb.jpg.372c3c0a44f6533b4687392c155de908.jpg

Screen_140121_223314.thumb.jpg.8f91f24c89d6abd70601dbdc4d02c5f5.jpg

Units not panicking (red forces?)- I would use advanced waypoint trigger for "Option / Dispersal under fire" unchecked.

You could do "group alive less than 90%" and set a flag between 1-100. This means a vehicle has been killed and the units are under attack. I would make the bus (a blue coalition) invisible but do it under the condition that the flag you set with the unit alive less than 90% is false.

When the flag becomes true, then the bus is no longer invisible and will be a target.

To give the 15 second delay- come to think of it- you'd need to set 1 flag when the red group is less than 90% (basically the equivalent to 1 vehicle dead- whatever it is) and then do a "time since flag" 15 seconds and then set the "invisible" flag to true. (Remember, the condition of the unit being invisible is that the user flag (1-100 only unless you modify a .lua) is false.)

This would then give you the 15 second delay you needed.

The bus could be triggered to "group stop" until whatever conditions you want are met- at which point you can trigger a "group resume."

I can't look at the mission now- but this is how I would approach it.

Edited by ENO

"ENO"

Type in anger and you will make the greatest post you will ever regret.

"Sweetest's" Military Aviation Art

Thank you for your input! It seems like the two buses, IAZ 695 and ZIU-9 both belong to red coalition (Ukraine, for example). I cant seem to be able to change Ukraine over to the blue side, and hence the bus will remain red. The bus is also marked as CIV in the mission editor, will red forces open fire on CIV targets?

If it's red then as far as I know yes... Quite often if we don't want them being shot in a scenario we leave them as invisible. Moving Ukraine over to blue now may be harder then finding another blue coalition (Georgia for example) that would have a bus.

"ENO"

Type in anger and you will make the greatest post you will ever regret.

"Sweetest's" Military Aviation Art