21:9 aspect ratio compatibility

christof

I`ve damaged my 23" screen, so I`m researching some new options.

I might buy one of those 21:9 screens, probably LG one, and I just want to find out will my favorites apps will run in a full screen.

So the question is: will DCS support 21:9 format in full screen, without any black stripes ?

Thanks

DCS doesnt know anything about monitors....you must speak in "Viewports".....and yes, you can adjust the viewports to be whatever size or pixel per pixel combination you want....

.....a very basic way to learn DCS view is to follow this walkthrough ( http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=89282 ) by PeterP to see the changes...whether you want or keep the changes should not matter...once you learn the viewports system you will like DCS leaps and bounds over other simulators

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=96116 <----- this is another good read because he explains how to make an angle position and FOV setting ingame the default setting...instead of having to adjust your view everytime you spawn ingame.....once again, you dont need the mod for this to work, he is explaining how DCS works so ppl can make the most of his mod...

It only takes two things to fly, Airspeed and Money.

just set resolution and aspect ratio (2.3333333333333333333333333333333) in LUA and you're gold.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

give a man a fish, feed him for a day....teach a man to fish, feed him for a lifetime...

learning more then just aspect ratios will benefit any DCS player

...another way to say it could be....Make a man a fire, warm him for a night...Set a man on fire, warm him for the rest of his life....

It only takes two things to fly, Airspeed and Money.