HOTAS Training

Topgun505

So I've got a number of people who are just getting started with DCS A-10C in the virtual squadron I am in. I am one of two people in the squad who have significant flight time so far. One of the big hurdles is that some people learn faster than others, and some really need a visual guide. Of course, one of the things they have trouble with is the HOTAS and SOI. So I devised a more visual guide to the HOTAS. I'm attaching it here. Please check it out and see if there are any glaring flaws. This is free to distribute to anyone who would like more info on the HOTAS. All feedback is appreciated.

Mods please move if this should be in another thread.

HOTAS Guide.pdf

• Like 2

Topgun505

Win 10 Pro 64-bit, Intel Core i7-8700k, Evga GTX 1080 FTW, 64 GB DDR4 RAM, Alienware 34" 2K LED, TrackIR 5 Pro, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Rudder, Thrustmaster MFDs x3, Razer Nostromo n52.

Nice work, particularly the 'mode' images. You might consider highlighting what atttributes are different when SOI's are different on those pages (5,6 etc), since much of the hotas functionality is consistent through out the various SOI's.

• Like 1

Fish's Flight Sim Videos

[sIGPIC]I13700k, RTX4090, 64gb ram @ 3600, superUltraWide 5120x1440, 2560x1440, 1920x1080, Warthog, Tusba TQS, Reverb VR1000, Pico 4, Wifi6 router, 360/36 internet[/sIGPIC]

My suggestion would be to throw some color unto the tables. It might be subcontious, but colors aid in transporting contained information into the "medium-term-memory" and also makes it easier to spot important correlations... I looked through my computer for a brilliant chart which I have printed, but couldn't seem to find it, sry.. Otherwise; nice document. Its true that learning the hotas is the key to the hog...

• Like 1

Help Beczl with his DCS MiG-21Bis project

by Pre-Ordering DCS MiG-21Bis module NOW!

CLICK HERE TO GO TO PRE-ORDER PAGE AT INDIEGOGO

Okay, I did a extensive search for the document im thinking about, but couldn't find it either on my comp, these forums or the wiki. Kinda weird. But I took the liberty of scanning the tables and attaching them.

But I must state that I do not know who made them, and anyone who can enlighten me about their origin, please do so.

001.thumb.jpg.7d9bb3b4ddc544575317d573c335c088.jpg

002.thumb.jpg.feaac304c73f06e68e7a622e3a958975.jpg

Help Beczl with his DCS MiG-21Bis project

by Pre-Ordering DCS MiG-21Bis module NOW!

CLICK HERE TO GO TO PRE-ORDER PAGE AT INDIEGOGO

@glider. I had thought of that but I wanted for the student to see all the controls on any given page without the need to be flipping back and forth a lot within the document.

I may incorporate colors though.

Topgun505

Win 10 Pro 64-bit, Intel Core i7-8700k, Evga GTX 1080 FTW, 64 GB DDR4 RAM, Alienware 34" 2K LED, TrackIR 5 Pro, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Rudder, Thrustmaster MFDs x3, Razer Nostromo n52.

The dots and dashes are not meant to depict press duration (at least, that wasnt intentional) but there are labels in italics by most keypresses to denote what direction the control needs to be moved, and/or duration of the press. That is one thing I may color code.

Topgun505