American voices needed for .miz sound files

Bahger

I'm looking for someone who could voice a US Marine ground force commander for a mission I'm making. It's tactical, and important for the player's situational awareness.

I've done this many times before. All you need is the great free sound recording program, Audacity, and a decent microphone. Audacity outputs two files for every recording; once you send them to me I will "dirty them up" with effects utilities to make them sound like radio comms.

If anyone is interested, please post here, or PM me, with an email address and I will send you scripts. There won't be much to record.

Thank you!

I used the following effects:

Clean record

-> Equalizer: move the blue bar up to +24 db

-> High Pass Filter: 12 db 1050 Hz

-> Hard Limiter: Move the top Slider to around -25 db

-> boost the track to about +10 db

I like the effect more than just the equalizer + 2x High Pass Filter, like you can see in many tutorials.

Then I add other effects. If the recording had some background noise after the editing there already is some kind of nice static sond. If you got a very clear record, you can add the atmospheric.ogg from the DCS sounds folder.

And of course to add some flavour like AK-fire, explosions, truck-, heli- or plane engine noises you can also take them from the dcs sounds folder. I edit them just by applying the High pass filter and adjusting the volume of the track.

You can hear an example in my mission trailer:

edit: 2 more demo files:

http://www.space-view.net/92nd/Missions/A-10C/SafeEscape/demo1.ogg

http://www.space-view.net/92nd/Missions/A-10C/SafeEscape/demo2.ogg

Edited by MasterZelgadis
  • Like 1

"Sieh nur, wie majestätisch du durch die Luft segelst. Wie ein Adler. Ein fetter Adler."

http://www.space-view.net

Clean record

I like the effect more than just the equalizer + 2x High Pass Filter, like you can see in many tutorials.

Then I add other effects. If the recording had some background noise after the editing there already is some kind of nice static sond. If you got a very clear record, you can add the atmospheric.ogg from the DCS sounds folder.

And of course to add some flavour like AK-fire, explosions, truck-, heli- or plane engine noises you can also take them from the dcs sounds folder. I edit them just by applying the High pass filter and adjusting the volume of the track.

Nice info bud..thanks...:thumbup::thumbup:

[/Table]

Recruiting for Aerobatic Team/Fighter Group...

Wow, MasterZelgadis, you're better than me. I make two passes with filters/compression and the result is decent but probably not as good as yours. It's been almost a year since I made a mission with custom sound files so once I've gone back into Audacity and reminded myself of my exact process, I'll post it here.

This was my first try, so I searched for a audacity tutorial, and found the ones with 2x high pass filter. Edited my recordings, sounded good. Then I went to bed, and the next day I listened to the tracks I didn't like the effect at all. Tried some other effects, such as the hard limiter, and even the next day I liked it :D

by the way.. I could record some files for you, if you are still looking for one. Don't know how well my spoken english will fit for a marine, but I could give it a try

Edited by MasterZelgadis

"Sieh nur, wie majestätisch du durch die Luft segelst. Wie ein Adler. Ein fetter Adler."

http://www.space-view.net

Clean record

Yeah, thanks for the info MZ. I had been using "Barry's Satan Maximizer" effect to achieve something like the hard limiter, but like your results better. Will have to start using hard limiter instead (and easy to add to a "chain" to speed processing up). :thumbup:

Ok, as I complete the scripts for the custom radio comms, I'd like to confirm one thing: are there combat engineers in the USMC?

http://usmilitary.about.com/od/enlistedjo2/a/1371new.htm

:smilewink:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.