1.2.14 Connection Interrupted on every server.

blackburnn

Hi there,

Yesterday I moved over an older version of DCS World from one of my older HDDs. I let steam update that today without problems.

Now I've been unable to join any of the DCS World servers online.

Things that I've tried:

- Updating windows time.

- Reinstalled redistrutables.

- Changed version to the open beta in steam.

- Changed it back after that didn't help either.

- Opened 10308 UDP/TCP ports.

Maybe the steam client has done something wrong, I'm not sure. Before it gives the error it flashes a couple white screens.

I'm trying to find a fix that doesn't involve redownloading the client(16gb). My internet connection will make that download last for 8-11 hours.

Any ideas?

EDIT: Current BuildID on steam is 482554, does anyone else have the same number and if so, are you currently experiencing problems? Just launched A10C Campaign and that works fine. It just boots me back to the multiplayer menu with the "connection interrupted" error when it's done loading and switches to the lobby. Just before it reaches the lobby it sends me back.

I just used this tool whether to check if the port was open , apparently it is not.

Update nr2: I just assigned my PC's host address to DMZ to circumvent the ports. Still getting the error.

Update n3: Realised uPnP was off, turned it on, didn't help.

Update nr 4: Redownloaded the game on a different drive, didn't help.

SOLVED:

Sorry for the late response, I had an exam week so I was distracted.

I managed to solve my issue by uninstalling, cleaning registry and installing the game on a different drive. I think the issue was that I used a moved folder of an older version of DCS World and Steam did not fully recognize or update it as it should. I just joined a few servers almost instantly.

I hope this will solve the problem for other players experiences this as well.

Edited by blackburnn

I think your client version has to match the server version. Try and find a server that is running the same version as you.

Sometimes if you upgrade too quickly the servers are still running the older version and you can't connect. At least that's been my experience.

One of the wish list items is to have the Multiplayer screen filter the servers so you can only see the ones your client can connect to. I hope this gets implemented soon.

F-15C-User-Bar-ACM.v2.jpg

MapleFlagMissions - Read Our Blog for Updates

Well it would be wise from ED side to add (finally!) reason for an error. Now you don't know it is because of version mismatch, bad integrity check or just bad day.

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

<51>SERVER(US) has been updated today to latest version.

direct TCP/IP: 51st.hopto.org

forum with missions

Edited by Shaman

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

I think I've found the culprit.

For me it was really the port 10308, which wasn't open. My advice would be to make sure the port 10308 is open. Try running some port analyzer application and confirm it. EDIT: eMule is the best and most reliable I know.

It did the trick for me. Also, make sure Windows firewall and whatever antivirus firewall you have are allowing DCS to communicate.

PS: I completely removed DCS and all modules from my computer (config files too, except for the "input" folder) and then reinstalled everything again (latest version) but what did the trick was the port forwarding (it seems)

Edited by Hardcard

Hmm thanks for the reply, however I already opened it.

ssdf.png

I just used this tool whether to check if the port was open , apparently it is not.

Update nr2: I just assigned my PC's host address to DMZ to circumvent the ports. Still getting the error.

Update n3: Realised uPnP was off, turned it on, didn't help.

Edited by blackburnn
additional info

I just redownloaded and installed the game again to no effect. Anyone have any idea what is causing this?

Blackburnn, try to open additional ports. I'm telling you, yesterday I solved all the connection issues I was experiencing in DCS, now I can connect without issues and I even connect faster than I did before opening the ports.

Here are the ports I opened for DCS:

TCP: 443 and 5222 (I selected TCP/UDP just in case, but these are TCP, I think)

UDP: 10307 through 10312

Also, MAKE SURE YOU DON'T HAVE ANY KIND OF FIREWALL ENABLED.

I had the internal firewall of my router enabled. I disabled it and I also disabled the Windows and the Bitdefender firewalls.

I swear, after opening ports and disabling firewalls my DCS World connection issues disappeared.

Btw, disregard what I said about the port scanners, since they use your public ip in order to check the ports instead of the local one, they'll tell you those ports are closed, but they aren't. EDIT: Perhaps there's another reason for that, perhaps BitMaster will tell us about it...

Looking at the screenshot you posted I see that you included your public IP in the port panel, I wouldn't do that since your ISP will probably change that IP after several hours (unless it's static. Is it static? Otherwise, leave that field blank).

Also, make sure you are really using the local ip: 192.168.1.68 (cmd>ipconfig) and that Windows ipv4 settings are correct.

I see that you have several different IPs there, how many devices are you connecting to that router? Also, what's your router model exactly? Are you forwarding those ports or is that port triggering? (I guess that's...Dutch?)

Again, MAKE SURE YOUR ROUTER DOESN'T HAVE ANY KIND OF FIREWALL ENABLED.

Edited by Hardcard
Expanded info

Oha,

I think you do not undestand (no offense) what your router does and what windows does regarding firewalling.

I will try to put it in simple words so one can follow:

A standard home user router DOES NOT block ANY traffic that leaves your computer aka outbound. They only block incoming requests through masquerading your PC's IP behind the router. Masquearding cannot filter outbound by definition of the code used in standard (linux based) routers aka Netgear, AVM, DLink etc... you would have to pay some big bucks to get that feature in a hardware, then called XYZ-Appliance with a nice price tag.

Your Windows Firewall or most other software based firewalls installed on your computer may very well block outbound traffic, usually by default.

You HAVE TO dig the manual of that SW to understand how to configure such a piece of software (which is pretty useless, cause it runs on the device it is ment to protect, a very bad starting point to do this).

Sometimes, listen !, sometimes it is NOT enough to disbale the SW-Firewall

on your PC BUT you have to COMPLETELY deinstall it, reboot, and THEN try again if it will let you out.

Usually, the Windows Firewall will not block DCS outbound but inbound (aka LAN Party and local DCS server). To make a test, disable Win-FW and check, you do not need to reboot for this.

If it is caused by your Software Security Suite (Norton, McAfee, etc.. ) I highly recommend to dump that thing into the recycle bin and get something that works...and they dont run on your PC but your perimeter device aka Router.

False Security Assumptions that come from using such products are nothing but serving you a bad deed. It gets even worse if you dont have the knowledge to judge and analyse the settings etc..

Deinstall ALL your security software and try again.

You MAY leave a standard and PURE virus scanner installed but it may also very well be that you have to reinstall that part of the suite on its own after deinstalling the whole thing. That depends on the brand and version.

Dumping that BS has a good chance to get you back online.

IF you sit behind such a mentioned security appliance ( university appartment etc.. ) you may have to talk to the admin of that device and ask him to open all needed ports. But as you said iirc you had no problems before, so I doubt this is the case, otherwise you would have had that symptom ever since.

Bit

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

Oha,

I think you do not undestand (no offense) what your router does and what windows does regarding firewalling.

I will try to put it in simple words so one can follow:

A standard home user router DOES NOT block ANY traffic that leaves your computer aka outbound. They only block incoming requests through masquerading your PC's IP behind the router. Masquearding cannot filter outbound by definition of the code used in standard (linux based) routers aka Netgear, AVM, DLink etc... you would have to pay some big bucks to get that feature in a hardware, then called XYZ-Appliance with a nice price tag.

Your Windows Firewall or most other software based firewalls installed on your computer may very well block outbound traffic, usually by default.

You HAVE TO dig the manual of that SW to understand how to configure such a piece of software (which is pretty useless, cause it runs on the device it is ment to protect, a very bad starting point to do this).

Sometimes, listen !, sometimes it is NOT enough to disbale the SW-Firewall

on your PC BUT you have to COMPLETELY deinstall it, reboot, and THEN try again if it will let you out.

Usually, the Windows Firewall will not block DCS outbound but inbound (aka LAN Party and local DCS server). To make a test, disable Win-FW and check, you do not need to reboot for this.

If it is caused by your Software Security Suite (Norton, McAfee, etc.. ) I highly recommend to dump that thing into the recycle bin and get something that works...and they dont run on your PC but your perimeter device aka Router.

False Security Assumptions that come from using such products are nothing but serving you a bad deed. It gets even worse if you dont have the knowledge to judge and analyse the settings etc..

Deinstall ALL your security software and try again.

You MAY leave a standard and PURE virus scanner installed but it may also very well be that you have to reinstall that part of the suite on its own after deinstalling the whole thing. That depends on the brand and version.

Dumping that BS has a good chance to get you back online.

IF you sit behind such a mentioned security appliance ( university appartment etc.. ) you may have to talk to the admin of that device and ask him to open all needed ports. But as you said iirc you had no problems before, so I doubt this is the case, otherwise you would have had that symptom ever since.

Bit

Well, I'm assuming that was meant for me, right?

Thanks for clearing up those points, the fact remains that I solved my connection issues after opening ports and disabling firewalls, I doubt that would've happened without me doing all that stuff. That's why I came here and try to provide help based on my experience (not theoretical network knowledge, which has a tendency to not solve problems in real world situations like DCS not connecting).

TAW server never allowed me to connect in the past 3 days, for instance.

I went to my router config, I forwarded 10308 and "tadaaaaa!", the server suddenly lets me connect. Coincidence? Well I wasn't sure, but it seemed like it did the trick.

After a while I experienced connection problems again (but not as bad as being incapable to connect to ANY server, which happened to me before opening ports), so I started looking for forum threads like this one, I read that DCS uses these ports> TCP: 443, 5222 UDP: 10307 through 1312. So I forwarded them all.

I entered DCS again, it seemed to work much better. Eventually, I found that I couldn't connect to some other servers, I went back to my router again and found that the interface ppp0.6 in my WAN had a firewall on. Whether it was really blocking anything or not, I can't say for sure, but what I can say for sure is that after disabling it, connection issues in DCS have banished. Perhaps this is just placebo, and there are issues that I haven't considered, sure, but, hey!, I can play DCS multiplayer now without issues (fingers crossed). If you can't play DCS multiplayer and you really want to, I say it's better to disable/create rules for every possible firewall and open all the required ports than not doing so because, theoretically, that shouldn't help. As I said, theory doesn't always work since every player has a custom network/pc setting, perhaps theory changes depending on the kind of config/devices you are using.

Edited by Hardcard

Thanks for your responses.

First off, I'm not using any other firewall then windows. I'll try disabling and joining, ill also open up the other ports suggested. The thing you mentioned about web applications not being able to reach the ports and falsively reporting them close, I noticed that as well.

I'll be going to fiddle with my firewall/ports and hopefully be able to play online once again.

Thanks for your responses.

First off, I'm not using any other firewall then windows. I'll try disabling and joining, ill also open up the other ports suggested. The thing you mentioned about web applications not being able to reach the ports and falsively reporting them close, I noticed that as well.

I'll be going to fiddle with my firewall/ports and hopefully be able to play online once again.

Hey Blackburn, I've spent the last 6 hours trying to find a software capable of detecting the true state of my forwarded ports.

I've found the answer: USE EMULE!

eMule is the only software I've found so far that's capable of telling me whether ports are correctly forwarded or not.

I'd recommend checking all those ports you forwarded with eMule to see if they are open (if eMule gives you a negative, then those ports aren't properly forwarded, you can trust it. I've done the test myself by forwarding ports incorrectly and eMule always gave me the right results.). Also, I insist, make damn sure nothing is blocking traffic, disable Windows firewall in order to test if it's causing the problem.

Also, make damn sure you have properly configured Windows ipv4 to use a static ip (the one you are forwarding your ports to).,

Disable UPnP, you won't need it if your ports are properly forwarded.

Edited by Hardcard

I highly recommend you read some white papers about NAT firewalls to get some base knowledge about routing and firewalling so you have a better chance to find and cure your symptoms.

Emule is in no way a network analyser but a P2P tool based on the ed2k protocol, nothing else and nothing more and it uses ports in a totally different way then DCS does for the client side.

I know it is not easy to get this all sorted if you are not a network technician or literate about TCP/IP networks.

You do NOT need to forward ANY port to play DCS as a Client, the server needs this, but not the client, something is wrong or completely misunderstood in your LAN setup.

Also, DCS uses ports above 1024, this ports usually don't get filtered at all as they don't run any core services, all core services run from 1-1023, 1024-65535 is for client apps with no critical status, at least this is the standard definition, lots of exceptions exist but should not matter here.

If your firewall does really block DCS, has it blocked it before ? Have you ever had the luck to play online, with ANY game ? Any messenger, any game, just about anything apart from ports 20,21-ftp ,25-smtp ,80-http ,110-pop3,443-https should not work then as they are not considered standard ports everyone wants to use.

The symptoms you mentioned should affect all of those services, all of them. If it doesn't, then what you say does not make sense security wise and most likely points to a misconfigured router.

I plan, configure and maintain networks for a living, so I try to not talk BS but funded experience.

Bit

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

Hi all!

So... i have maybe same problem ... everything what you say here is nice, but ... i playing DCS from October 2014, i played a lot of multiplayer games, i stop maybe on end of November... but im back from Christmas...

and i CANT join on every server (including where I formerly played ... durring loading i get Connection interrupt )

and i CANT join to server created by my friend

and i CANT CREATE server ( durring loading and joining to my server game just kick me to menu and my friend joint the server, and say " hey, i see you here and now you left " )

my friend have port 10308 closed too and completely same version like me.

I try turn offline my windows FW ( i will try avast's FW and router's ), completely reinstal game, deleting temp, reset of my router, changing MP settings in MP menu :(

So this bug is here maybe from patch 2.1.14 ? :(

intel core i7 860, HD 7770 Vapor-X, 2x4 GB DDR3, GA-P55A-UD3, Corsair 520 W, Samsung SD 840 - 250 GB, Samsung F1 - 1TB... Razer DeathAdder, Razer Barracuda, Razer Carcharias and Razer Goliathus ... :joystick:

I highly recommend you read some white papers about NAT firewalls to get some base knowledge about routing and firewalling so you have a better chance to find and cure your symptoms.

Emule is in no way a network analyser but a P2P tool based on the ed2k protocol, nothing else and nothing more and it uses ports in a totally different way then DCS does for the client side.

I know it is not easy to get this all sorted if you are not a network technician or literate about TCP/IP networks.

You do NOT need to forward ANY port to play DCS as a Client, the server needs this, but not the client, something is wrong or completely misunderstood in your LAN setup.

Also, DCS uses ports above 1024, this ports usually don't get filtered at all as they don't run any core services, all core services run from 1-1023, 1024-65535 is for client apps with no critical status, at least this is the standard definition, lots of exceptions exist but should not matter here.

If your firewall does really block DCS, has it blocked it before ? Have you ever had the luck to play online, with ANY game ? Any messenger, any game, just about anything apart from ports 20,21-ftp ,25-smtp ,80-http ,110-pop3,443-https should not work then as they are not considered standard ports everyone wants to use.

The symptoms you mentioned should affect all of those services, all of them. If it doesn't, then what you say does not make sense security wise and most likely points to a misconfigured router.

I plan, configure and maintain networks for a living, so I try to not talk BS but funded experience.

Bit

Well... I'm pretty clueless now. Two days ago I went from not being able to connect to any DCS server to being able to connect everywhere I wanted just by forwarding ports (or so it seemed, that's why I came here and posted).

Today I've done some more testing in case Bit was right, and it turns out he probably is.

Test 1: I've disabled forwarding for DCS ports. Result: It works.

Test 2: I've enabled UPnP. Result: It works.

Test 3: I've enabled the WAN firewall of my router again and I've disabled UPnP. Result: It works.

Test 4: I've deleted the rule for DCS in Windows 7 firewall and kept the firewall disabled just out of curiosity. Result: It works.

Test 5: I've then enabled the Windows 7 firewall without the DCS rule. Result: It works.

After this, I'm pretty much giving up :cry:. I can't say I solved my DCS connection problems just by making a clean DCS reinstall because that isn't true, I couldn't connect to servers anyway.

I started being able to connect to DCS servers only after I forwarded port 10308, it was pretty instantaneous... Now I can't reproduce the issue... freaking Murphy, I guess. I also deleted all my DCS network config files and did a router reset (to factory settings, that is), but I really can't explain what happened since the situation didn't improve after doing those things.

Perhaps it was an external issue that had nothing to do with my router/computer that got solved while I was opening port 10308, I don't know. I just can't reproduce the issue now...:mad:

Edited by Hardcard

Strange, thing is though. I played DCS quite regurarly before the christmas holiday. Put together a new pc during that holiday and something clearly isn't working the way it's supposed to. Weird thing is, I have not had any issue with the bazillion games I've installed on this machine so far.

Strange, thing is though. I played DCS quite regurarly before the christmas holiday. Put together a new pc during that holiday and something clearly isn't working the way it's supposed to. Weird thing is, I have not had any issue with the bazillion games I've installed on this machine so far.

Hi Black, let's try to figure this out. I need some info:

1-Are you experiencing connection issues right now in DCS? If so, in what servers?

2-What are your computer specs (including network adapter, operating system, etc.)?

3-What's your router model?

4-How are you connecting to the internet (wireless or wired network)?

5-Do you have Bitdefender or any other antivirus/security software installed?

6-Are your mobo drivers up to date?

7-Is DCS the only game that gives you trouble in multiplayer?

8-Have you been banned from the servers you are trying to join?

(Friendly fire, trash talking, disregarding server rules, etc.)

9-Are you using old DCS config files? (The ones located at "C:\Users\yourusername\Saved Games")

Edited by Hardcard

Sorry for the late response, I had an exam week so I was distracted.

I managed to solve my issue by uninstalling, cleaning registry and installing the game on a different drive. I think the issue was that I used a moved folder of an older version of DCS World and Steam did not fully recognize or update it as it should. I just joined a few servers almost instantly.

I hope this will solve the problem for other players experiences this as well.

How you find all registry in regedit? Just ALT+F and "DCS" ? Or with another program ?

intel core i7 860, HD 7770 Vapor-X, 2x4 GB DDR3, GA-P55A-UD3, Corsair 520 W, Samsung SD 840 - 250 GB, Samsung F1 - 1TB... Razer DeathAdder, Razer Barracuda, Razer Carcharias and Razer Goliathus ... :joystick:

How you find all registry in regedit? Just ALT+F and "DCS" ? Or with another program ?

If you ask such a question you BETTER NOT mess with the registry as you have no idea what you are doing and you have no way back with the knowledge you have ( no offense ).

Bit

Well... I'm pretty clueless now. Two days ago I went from not being able to connect to any DCS server to being able to connect everywhere I wanted just by forwarding ports (or so it seemed, that's why I came here and posted).

Today I've done some more testing in case Bit was right, and it turns out he probably is.

Test 1: I've disabled forwarding for DCS ports. Result: It works.

Test 2: I've enabled UPnP. Result: It works.

Test 3: I've enabled the WAN firewall of my router again and I've disabled UPnP. Result: It works.

Test 4: I've deleted the rule for DCS in Windows 7 firewall and kept the firewall disabled just out of curiosity. Result: It works.

Test 5: I've then enabled the Windows 7 firewall without the DCS rule. Result: It works.

After this, I'm pretty much giving up :cry:. I can't say I solved my DCS connection problems just by making a clean DCS reinstall because that isn't true, I couldn't connect to servers anyway.

I started being able to connect to DCS servers only after I forwarded port 10308, it was pretty instantaneous... Now I can't reproduce the issue... freaking Murphy, I guess. I also deleted all my DCS network config files and did a router reset (to factory settings, that is), but I really can't explain what happened since the situation didn't improve after doing those things.

Perhaps it was an external issue that had nothing to do with my router/computer that got solved while I was opening port 10308, I don't know. I just can't reproduce the issue now...:mad:

Told you ;)

You probably had a Windows Network hiccup, this still happens as of 2015, 20 years after Windows 95 LoL.

I am using a Mac or Linux and avoid Windows whenever I can for a simple reason. Unreliable and harder to troubleshoot.

It is no bad idea to have a good network adapter and not realtek or whatever, use Intel Pro's and if you have the extra buck, get it TOE enabled, that makes a difference, including a solid driver.

Bit