cloneInZone from a list of vehicles?

maverickturner

I'm having trouble finding out how to use lists/dynamic lists of units.

I have 10 individual (not grouped) units off to the side of the map that I would like to clone into a zone when a trigger is met. However, I'm looking to set each trigger with a specific number of units to clone from the 10 units available.

Example -

If flag1 == 1 then 
grab 6 random units from the unit list and clone in zone1

If flag2 == 1 then 
grab 4 random units from the unit list and clone in zone2 

I've been searching around for this and believe I am just missing something very simple to understand. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Your question got my curiosity going and I ended up creating the attached demo mission (it uses MOOSE, though).

Instead of 10 individual units, there are 8 different group templates (4 group templates of 6 units each and another 4 group templates of 4 units each).

The group templates of 6 units are set to spawn randomly in zone1 only.

The group templates of 4 units are set to spawn randomly in zone2 only.

Flags and flag checkers are used to manage the whole thing, but, for convenience, I've created a simple F10 menu command structure for the two client Su25Ts in the mission , so you can spawn the groups at will.

I've also added a cleanup routine, which will remove previously existing groups in the other zone every time a new group template spawns.

Try it out, see if you find something interesting that can be used in your mission.

Randomized template spawn on trigger - command.miz

Spawn random group templates in different zones.lua

Edited by Hardcard

Your question got my curiosity going and I ended up creating the attached demo mission (it uses MOOSE, though).

Instead of 10 individual units, there are 8 different group templates (4 group templates of 6 units each and another 4 group templates of 4 units each).

The group templates of 6 units are set to spawn randomly in zone1 only.

The group templates of 4 units are set to spawn randomly in zone2 only.

Flags and flag checkers are used to manage the whole thing, but, for convenience, I've created a simple F10 menu command structure for the two client Su25Ts in the mission , so you can spawn the groups at will.

I've also added a cleanup routine, which will remove previously existing groups in the other zone every time a new group template spawns.

Try it out, see if you find something interesting that can be used in your mission.

I wasn't interested in the actual topic, but after looking at the lua, I like what you did here.

Making a template table and then operating off a SET_GROUP prefix filter based on the values is something I hadn't considered.

Thanks for revealing another kung fu move.

Banner EDForum2020.jpg

Have fun. Don't suck. Kill bad guys. 👍

https://discord.gg/blacksharkden/