Random CTD without crash reports

bkthunder

I keep having out of the blue CTD, no logs produced.

I attach here the onyl log I could find.

There random crashes happen in MP mostly, I was flying in TTI, only few players online.

It happened twice this morning, once with AV-8B, once with Viggen, always when I was near a target area populated with AAA and SAMs.

dcs.rar

Edited by bkthunder

Windows 10 - Intel i7 7700K 4.2 Ghz (no OC) - Asus Strix GTX 1080 8Gb - 16GB DDR4 (3000 MHz) - SSD 500GB + WD Black FZEX 1TB 6Gb/s

I keep having out of the blue CTD, no logs produced.

I attach here the onyl log I could find.

There random crashes happen in MP mostly, I was flying in TTI, only few players online.

It happened twice this morning, once with AV-8B, once with Viggen, always when I was near a target area populated with AAA and SAMs.

Had this happen to me a few times 5 or 6 weeks ago so I decided to bump my custom fixed pagefile from 16384-16384 to 32768-32768 and it hasn't happened once since.

Had this happen to me a few times 5 or 6 weeks ago so I decided to bump my custom fixed pagefile from 16384-16384 to 32768-32768 and it hasn't happened once since.

I have page file set to automatic...

Windows 10 - Intel i7 7700K 4.2 Ghz (no OC) - Asus Strix GTX 1080 8Gb - 16GB DDR4 (3000 MHz) - SSD 500GB + WD Black FZEX 1TB 6Gb/s

Set pagefile as it's shown below in this image and see if it helps.

XHIumAY.jpg

I actually moved the page file to another drive where I have more space, set to system managed. So far I didn't get a CTD, instead the game "crashes" back to the main screen (like getting kicked by the server). Well, better than before I guess...:huh:

I actually moved the page file to another drive where I have more space, set to system managed. So far I didn't get a CTD, instead the game "crashes" back to the main screen (like getting kicked by the server). Well, better than before I guess...:huh:

Ok next up you'll need to use some custom network parameters, this could explain the sudden drop from the server, grab the autoexec.cfg from the link below

http://www.mediafire.com/file/c9l7kq2kcx2qdyr/autoexec.cfg/file#

drop the autoexec.cfg into your Users\<yourname>\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Config folder and see if that helps.

Thanks man, will do. I won't be at home for a few days, when I get back I'll do soem testing and see how that goes. Thanks a lot for your time trying to help me out ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Ok next up you'll need to use some custom network parameters, this could explain the sudden drop from the server, grab the autoexec.cfg from the link below

http://www.mediafire.com/file/c9l7kq2kcx2qdyr/autoexec.cfg/file#

drop the autoexec.cfg into your Users\<yourname>\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Config folder and see if that helps.

Had some time to try it out, unfortunately I'm still getting the random crash. Seems less than before though