[FIXED] FAF cannot be changed

Tippis

It used to be the case that you could set up some parameters for your approach on the APR page. Since the last patch, however, most of those options are no longer available — the MFD buttons do nothing. For the most part, this isn't too huge a functional loss except for the FAF button (R4), which could previously be used to select which runway you wanted to be guided to. This no longer works and pressing the MFD button has no effect.

At the moment only the left and right MIN buttons offer any functionality, letting you input their respective values, but decision height isn't nearly as useful as being able to pick what approach you want (and the automated selection isn't always right…).

To reproduce:

• Activate approach mode, automatically by flying to the last waypoint or manually via the UFCP.

• Decide that the runway selected in the APR page is undesirable.

• Mash the R4 button on the MFD showing the APR page repeatedly to no avail.

• Try any of the other buttons (except L4 / MIN and R3 / MIN) to the same (lack of) effect.

Edited by uboats

❧ ❧ Inside you are two wolves. One cannot land; the other shoots friendlies. You are a Goon. ❧ ❧

So the previous ability to pick a runway according to circumstances was the actual bug? What a silly design to put into an aircraft. :pilotfly:

❧ ❧ Inside you are two wolves. One cannot land; the other shoots friendlies. You are a Goon. ❧ ❧

How do we edit it in DTC?

Motorola 68000 | 1 Mb | Debug port

"When performing a forced landing, fly the aircraft as far into the crash as possible." - Bob Hoover.

The JF-17 is not better than the F-16; it's different. It's how you fly that counts.

"An average aircraft with a skilled pilot, will out-perform the superior aircraft with an average pilot."

• 2 weeks later...

[WIP] FAF cannot be changed

Hi since the last update, it seems i cannot change the FAF in Approach mode, in order to choose the runway's QFU

Edited by uboats

Win10 x64, Intel core I9 9900k@5ghz, 32GB DDR4, RTX2080 ti, MSI Z370 Tomahawk mobo, M.2 SSD, Warthog HOTAS, home made trackIr, Pimax 8K

50-58 is for pre-setting airfield, and NOT editable. U can only select landing rwy(FAF) on the APR page.

WPT59 is free for edit (position, ILS channel, Tacan channel etc.), if U want to land on 50-58 with a different ILS channel (like the 2 rwy airfield on PG map), just CPY & PST the coordinates into 59 and input the ILS channel you want to use(ILS feq. and channel chart can be found in kneeboard)

Deka Ironwork Tester Team

FAF OSB R4 will toggle between L/R approach (not between rwy heading toggle)

for 59, the FAF position (distance to rwy head) can be edited.

Will fix it soon

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

fixed (the diameter of FAF circle is around 8km)

for channel 50-58, you can only toggle L/R;

for channel 59, you can change the FAF distance from RWY (it's a 3 digit input, first two digits are distance in nautical miles, and the 3rd one is L/R)

attachment.php?attachmentid=227474&stc=1&d=1581762174

227851213_APRFAF.thumb.png.f7c7df58ad2d2ca03187e08a15f1b8a0.png

Edited by uboats

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

Nice.

So what would the procedure be to pick a different runway heading?

Copy 50–58 (as appropriate) to 59 and then change M. COURS, or change FAF and then select L or R as needed?

Edited by Tippis

Nice.

So what would the procedure be to pick a different runway heading?

Copy 50–58 (as appropriate) to 59 and then change M. COURS, or change FAF and then select L or R as needed?

yup, rwy heading/course cannot be changed for 50-58

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 weeks later...
So how does the system decide which runway heading it will use? I've found that more often than not it uses the runway without ILS. Very annoying.

any miz? and reproduce instructions?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]