L BAR switch left in EXTEND has no adverse effect

Flamin_Squirrel

At the moment, you can leave the L BAR switch in EXTEND, launch from the carrier and retract the gear with no issue - I don't think is correct, as per NATOPs para 2.10.4:

Although it doesn't specifically link failure to place the L BAR switch to RETRACT before launch to the L BAR light illuminating RED thereby preventing retraction of the nosewheel, reading between the lines that seems to be what would happen.

Hopefully this can be investigated and confirmed in more detailed documentation. Thanks in advance for considering it.

Edited by BIGNEWY
1.16 Posting of images, file links, file sharing links, and copying and pasting information is prohibited if the source docum

• ED Team

I will move this to wish list, we dont currently have plans for damage due to launch bar, but it should be considered.

FYI I deleted the quote from NATOPS please be careful with sharing such information in public.

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Hi BN. My bad on NATOPS.

Just to point out though, damage to the launch bar wasn't what I was raising as a bug: If the L BAR switch isn't moved to RETRACT prior to launch then the nose gear won't retract with the main gear. You'd then have to move the L BAR switch to RETRACT and cycle the gear to get the nose gear to raise.

Currently you can leave the L BAR switch set to EXTEND and the gear will retract fine, which it shouldn't, hence it's a bug.

• ED Team
How is a publically available NATOPS info not allowed to be shared?

Being on the internet does not mean they are declassified.

please see our forum rule regarding this.

1.16 Posting of images, file links, file sharing links, and copying and pasting information is prohibited if the source document is from a classified or ITAR controlled source.

When posting aircraft, sensor or weapon information more recent than 1980, you must also include the source of the document showing that it is 100% public and verified as not from a classified or non-ITAR controlled source. To not do so will result in the removal of the message.

If you need to you should PM one of us.

thanks

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team
Hi BN. My bad on NATOPS.

Just to point out though, damage to the launch bar wasn't what I was raising as a bug: If the L BAR switch isn't moved to RETRACT prior to launch then the nose gear won't retract with the main gear. You'd then have to move the L BAR switch to RETRACT and cycle the gear to get the nose gear to raise.

Currently you can leave the L BAR switch set to EXTEND and the gear will retract fine, which it shouldn't, hence it's a bug.

Give me some time and I will take a close look, merged code waiting to happen with super carrier may affect this.

thank you

Edited by BIGNEWY

• ED Team

Checked

Currently there is no consequence for leaving the bar down, this may change in the future.

For now we will leave it as a feature request, it is something we can come back to.

thank you