How should I go about setting up my force feedback?

This time it was the FedEx truck, and well, here I am with the Saitek Cyborg Evo Force joystick trying to make it work in BS. And I am not having much luck.

I have the same problem as documented by Gunrun in the post #1 of this thread!

So, when I press the T key, I can definitely feel the kick, but after the kick, the stick is not locked in that position. Somewhere on this thread it was suggested that the spring causes the stick to move towards the center. I definitely disagree with that for two reasons:

1. Logitech FF joystick behaved the same way.

2. The Forces of the Force Feedback are very strong. You can feel the forces in the control panel/game controllers when testing the joystick. These forces are strong enough to easily overcome the centering spring.

It does appear that BS attempts to hold the stick but, not strong enough. I tried adjusting the FF Trimming force to a number higher then 100. That did not work because BS brought it back to 100 level. I wonder if there is a setting in lua file so as to adjust the FF Trimming force higher then 100?

Does anybody have any luck with Cyborg Evo Force in BS?

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

Does anybody have any luck with Cyborg Evo Force in BS?

I got one of these about a month ago. I'm getting the same problem. The trim works to a degree, and releases most of the pressure of having to hold the stick in place. But it doesn't remain in position as the MSFFB2 does in Urze's vid demo.

I've tried different force settings for the stick, but any changes results in no trim force at all.

Oh, and I removed the mechanical spring. It's definitely not just the spring that causes a tendency to re-centre.

We are up to something here. Three different computer configuration (software/hardware) with the same problem with Cyborg Evo Force. Two brand new joysticks from different manufactures (Saitek/Logitech) are having very similar if not the same symptoms.

The only FF joystick that I am finding people are reporting working is Microsoft FF, which is not in production and for which the software driver was written way back.

Is there any software out there that I can use to test my Cyborg Evo in a similar way the trim works in BS? A software that will hold the stick in any position after a button is pressed? That would confirm the joystick is correct, right?

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

Trigger, I sent you a pm as I also need the FFB2 driver. I have FFB in the plug and play setup of XP but as soon as a flight loads up in BS the FFB goes dead.

Vortex? Did you get the driver, or have i forgotten about it?

... I seem to be forgetfull these days...:cry:

"But (504)Brewber said they were'nt friendly.. So I took'em out.!"

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Okay, after a little playing around, I think I've got good force settings for the Saitek Evo force. Bear in mind that I've essentially incapacitated the mechanical spring. You can either try to remove it, or keep it compressed using tie wires (at your own risk!). Try setting the 'Force' settings for the stick (in the stick's Control Panel) to these:

- Default spring = 0%

- Spring gain = 38%

- Other options at 100%

This seems to give a good balance of force and spring to achieve the required effect while trimming. However, when pitching up with the joystick, there still seems to be a slight tendency for it to re-centre.

You can use the Force Feedback Diagnostic Program to test the settings and find settings that work for you. It can be found at the bottom of this page.

http://www.fs-force.com/support.htm

Edited by thereminqblank

You can use the Force Feedback Diagnostic Program to test the settings and find settings that work for you. It can be found at the bottom of this page.http://www.fs-force.com/support.htm
Yup! And it is more then obvious that the servo mechanism in the stick is more then capable to move and hold the stick in any position.

Start that test program and then click on "Constant Force" check box. Then change the "Direction" value to 270. It will move and stay there!

So the Cyborg Evo Force stick is working! The question now is how Black Shark handles messages for keeping the stick in certain position?

Has any of the Beta testers ever had a chance to test BS with this stick?

Edited by =4c= Hajduk Veljko

Here's little video I put on YouTube about the trimming problem and Saitek Evo Force.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=572028&postcount=34

It's also important to remember that the FCS in the Ka-50 has 20% authority over the motion range of the flight controls. In some cases, it may be unable to maintain commanded trim settings because of this limitation.

How often do you really need to trim to such extremes? I dunno im a noob but I dont think its broken.

Rig Specs: AMD FX-60 @ 2.6ghz - DFI Lanparty SLI UT - 4gb Mushkin Redline Ram - WD Raptor 300gb HDD - EVGA 260GTX 940mb - SoundBlaster something Live:P - Samsung 20.1" Syncmaster 204B (Camera) and Shuttle 17" xp17 (Abris & Shkval)

Flight Controls: Franken Force CH 568/Logitech Wingman Force 3D Hybrid - CH Pro Throttle - Logitech Momo Wheel Conversion to FFB pedals - Belkin N52

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=572028&postcount=34

How often do you really need to trim to such extremes? I dunno im a noob but I dont think its broken.

I trim a lot. Good trimming makes it easy to fly BS. Regardless of how often I trim, the fact is that when trim button is pressed the Foce Feedback stick should stay in that position, just as the text reads on the link you provided. And unfortunately the Logitech and Saitek Force Feedback sticks do not stay in a position after the "T" is pressed.

Hadjuk, have you tried the force settings for the Evo Force I suggested above? It seems to be giving me the required trim effect.
Yes I did and I am not getting any better results. Although adjusting the spring force only affects games that do not support Force Feedback. Thus, adjusting the spring force should not have any effect on BS. Thanks for sharing your experience.

What really is interesting is that the stick works really well when testing it with the ForceТest utility. Therefore implementation of the Force Feedbak in BS is not doing the job for Saitek and Logitech FF sticks.

Again, for you guys that are good with programming, my question is about lua file for force feedback parameters. Is there such a thing and can it be manipulated to strengthen the force holding the stick?

Yes, I do understand. I was commenting about your post where you posted your default spring setting to 0%.

I tried again with Spring Gain as you recommended. I also used two tie wraps and squeezed the spring. Squeezing the spring helped some indeed.

The fact is, electrically (servo motors inside the stick) this stick has plenty of power to overcame its spring. That is demonstrated with the

The question is why is BS not keeping the joystick in locked position when T is pressed?

I wish I could somehow see and compare what is the level of command produced by BS and ForceTest programs. ForceTest definitely keeps the stick locked, why BS is not doing the same?

• 2 weeks later...
I have a Saitek Cyborg Evo Force, a pretty basic force feedback joystick, and I'm having some issues with it. When I trim the chopper I have gathered that the intended idea is that the stick stays in the position you left it. Is this correct?

Mine does not, it returns to the center, but has much less resistance in the direction I trimmed it. How can I make it so my stick stays still, if this is how it is supposed to work? If not what settings should I use anyway.

Currently I have my settings at: Default Gain - 100%

Spring Gain - 100%

Damper Gain -100%

Default Spring - 50%

Default Spring is always on - unticked.

I don't understand what all these settings mean, so any advice would be great, since right now I am totally failing to control this copter.

As an aside I keep clashing my rotors together somehow (at least I assume this is what is happening. I hear a crunch and then in external view notice my props are much shorter than they should be :D). What am I doing wrong that causes this? I have never flown a copter in a sim before

How to you make the force feedback works???? I recently bought this and i can't make it work. Also the throttle how do you assign it to the collective???

Edited by connos

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

ASUS M4A79 Deluxe, AMD Phenom II X4 940@3.5GHz, ATI 6870 1GB, Windows 7 64bit, Kingstone HyperX 4GB, 2x Western Digital Raptor 74GB, Asus Xonar DX Sound Card, Saitek X52 PRO, TrackIR 44: Pro.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
How to you make the force feedback works???? I recently bought this and i can't make it work. Also the throttle how do you assign it to the collective???

Options-Gameplay

Check the 'use these settings for all missions' box then go to...

Options-Controls

Drop down the list to highlight 'Axis assignment' in red.

Assign Joy_z to the collective.

That sorted it for me.

A small pie is soon eaten

• 5 months later...

I have had this same problem also with the force feedback on my saitek evo FORCE! Everthing else has been working fine, throttle works. I just do not get any force, rumble or shaking...

Just re-installed the latest drivers now. What I do have working which was not is the test forces in the properties for the stick and also forcetest.exe is working with all forces.

I will give it a whirl in BS and see if I have force in game.

Ok just tested. The stick actually worked. Troubleshooting actually does work. In game I have I have force. As in the stick wants to return to centre. (not because of the spring :b)

But I still dont have any rumbles or shaking or any of the like?

I know my stick can do this i am just wondering if BS supports these features?

Cheers guys.