Does this game have a favorite brand of video card ?

AsRockSD

I think it's here some one was saying nVidia is the best for this game what you think ?. I picked up a 4870 a few weeks ago but did not seem like it was enough. and yes i know about BS being CPU dependent ( Dam shame that is ).

I'm easy either way ATI or nVidia and please no fanboy BS.

Asus Maximus Formula ( Rampage bios ) | Q9550 \Xigmatek HDT-S1283| G.Skill 2x2GB | AxeRam 2x2GB | HD6970 | 3xWDYS250GIG Raid0 | M25-X Raid0 | TEAC exturnal DVD |TOSHIBA 40" 1080p LCD HDTV| PC Power & Cooling 750 Quad CF Edition |TIR4 |TT Armor.

I have flown with the 1900 XTX ATI card and it performed well though it is dated. I now have the Nvidia 295 GTX and it rocks as it is at the top of the performance pile right now. The real key is getting a current day Vid Card and matching it up with the right drivers. For ATI, the right drivers right now are the 8-12 drivers. For Nvidia, I am running the 182.50 and they seem to perform very nicely.

Dusty Rhodes

Play HARD, Play FAIR, Play TO WIN

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit / Intel i7 4790 Devils Canyon, 4.0 GIG /ASUS Maximus VII Formula Motherboard/ ASUS GTX 1080 8 GB/ 32 Gigs of RAM / Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / TrackIR 5 / 2 Cougar MFD's / Saitek Combat Pedals/ DSD Button Box FLT-1

I have flown with the 1900 XTX ATI card and it performed well though it is dated. I now have the Nvidia 295 GTX and it rocks as it is at the top of the performance pile right now. The real key is getting a current day Vid Card and matching it up with the right drivers. For ATI, the right drivers right now are the 8-12 drivers. For Nvidia, I am running the 182.50 and they seem to perform very nicely.

hehe will not be getting a 295 not with the 300 range \5xxx coming soonish. But yes the 8.12 drivers i found the best too.

Well i was able to max it out with the 4870 until played a none instant mission then it was lagy as hell. It's a shame to think they just rebuilt the game engine and still have a such flaw still. Well i believe they rebuilt it could be wrong there. but it's a major problem i think. I do know i will not buy another of their games till it's been fixed thats for sure....

Asus Maximus Formula ( Rampage bios ) | Q9550 \Xigmatek HDT-S1283| G.Skill 2x2GB | AxeRam 2x2GB | HD6970 | 3xWDYS250GIG Raid0 | M25-X Raid0 | TEAC exturnal DVD |TOSHIBA 40" 1080p LCD HDTV| PC Power & Cooling 750 Quad CF Edition |TIR4 |TT Armor.

DCS A-10 is supposed to have a new engine. I just hope that it doesn't mean that it can't connect with DCS Black Shark for Multiplay.

Dusty Rhodes

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit / Intel i7 4790 Devils Canyon, 4.0 GIG /ASUS Maximus VII Formula Motherboard/ ASUS GTX 1080 8 GB/ 32 Gigs of RAM / Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / TrackIR 5 / 2 Cougar MFD's / Saitek Combat Pedals/ DSD Button Box FLT-1

DCS A-10 is supposed to have a new engine.

And where did you hear that? :book:

:)

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

I believe it was on these boards. Am I wrong? Am I thinking of something else? Matt? GG? Someone confirm this please do I know I am not talking out my arse. I believe the new engine is one of the reasons they aren't 100% sure that DCS A10 and DCS Black Shark will Multiplay together. I hope someone comes in and clarifies this.

Dusty Rhodes

Yes, you are wrong; the DCS graphics engine is being incrementally upgraded at this point - as in, no wholesale replacement for the A-10C. There's two ways to get to a new engine - do it from scratch and drop it in, which can delay things, and incrementally upgrade your existing one to match what you want/need of your ideal new engine. Right now the latter approach is being taken, but this may change.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

I think a new sound engine and new terrain engine comes with DCS:A-10, I hope it upgrades DCS, not just those who bought A-10 module.

And if someday a new graphic engine comes, I suppose it also upgrades the platform, DCS, not just a module.

Those kind of general upgrades go to the platform not just the modules, am I right?

AMD Ryzen 1400 // 16 GB DDR4 2933Mhz // Nvidia 1060 6GB // W10 64bit // Microsoft Sidewinder Precision 2

Hrmmm, must have been wishful thinking on my part. Thanks for correcting me GG. :)

Dusty Rhodes