3D graphics

I am new to flying DCS in 3D but I just started some testing with it and I have a question or two for those of you who have been flying successfully in 3D.

I am using Nvidia 3d vision pro glasses & a NVIDIA Quadro K5000M with 4GB GDDR5 graphics card along with a 17.3" UltraSharp FHD (1920x1080) 3D Vision Pro display.

Computer Specs:

Processor: 3rd Gen Intel Core i7-3920XM(Extreme 2.9GHz.

Memory: 32.0GB, DDR3-1600MHz SDRAM, 4 DIMM.

Hard Drive: 512GB 2.5" (SATA3) Mobility Solid State Drive.

Operating System: Windows 7 Professional, 64-bit.

(DCS graphics settings are set to max and runs completely smooth)

When I use an external view, the graphics look perfectly 3D. But when I am in the cockpit view the image is extremely blurry, as if there is too much overlay between the left and right side, almost like I am not using glasses.

I have to focus really hard for the image to look decent and still I have to choose between focusing on a near object in the cockpit, or a distance object outside of the cockpit. The cockpit view does not look nearly as good as the external view.

It is impossible to click anything correctly in the cockpit. I am aware of a mod that fixes the viewpoint of the reticle in the HUD, does this mod also correct this issue in the cockpit?

I am not aware if this is normal or if I need to make some changes somewhere. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Easy fix, I found the "Depth" of view was set too high in the Nvidia control panel.

The higher it is set, the worse it looks. Default setting was approx 16%, I set it to the lowest value "1%" and the cockpit looks great.

This also corrected the mouse cursor and the HUD reticle position.

Great that you figured it out by yourself. I'm gonna try 3D mode too

My rig specs:

Intel Core i7 4770 @3.4Ghz // Corsair 16GB DDR3 // MoBo Asus Z87K // HDD 1TB 7200RPM // eVGA Nvidia GTX 760GT 2GB DDR5 // LG 3D 47" 1920x1080 // Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS // Saitek Combat Pro Pedals // Thrustmaster MFD Cougar pack // PS3 Eye + FTNOIR

3d is epic adjust convergence settings in game also so the hsi is in focus by your naked eye. Puts everything in a10c pit in a good level. Welcome to the epic ness of 3d in dcs world. Hopefully dcs 2.0 will be better

You can run depth very high but you need to adjust convergence the options for that is in nvidia control panel under 3dvision settings will be an advanced key shortcut menu in their. 1 percent depth really has no 3d. Put it at 15 percent then adjust your convergence trust me !

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=109341

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=130329

Edited by rcjonessnp175

I7 4770k @ 4.6, sli 980 evga oc edition, ssdx2, Sony 55 inch edid hack nvidia 3dvision. Volair sim pit, DK2 Oculus Rift.

Go to nvidia control panel.

Then go to setup stereoscopic 3d

Then hit the set keyboard shortcuts

That new menu pops up and then hit down arrow for show advanced in game settings

Click enable

For convergence in game it is ctrl f6 and ctrl f5. Be aware the game has those keys set for some different views. I go into dcs key confit and delete those bindings. Convergence is the biggest money make as far as 3d goes

Lol depending on your settings your brain will be tickled lol

I7 4770k @ 4.6, sli 980 evga oc edition, ssdx2, Sony 55 inch edid hack nvidia 3dvision. Volair sim pit, DK2 Oculus Rift.